Thread: SWH seeking hardcore duckhunter

Default SWH seeking hardcore duckhunter

Must like long walks on the flats, sunrises in the swamps, & must be good at teaching waterfowl lessons in survival.
    Just kidding, but in all seriousness my duckhunting partner and my self hunt near everyday of the season and are looking to bring in a third "partner in crime". Posting for a hunting partner is a shot in the dark, but after some trial runs with a few other hunters we have found a great deal of disappointment. Unable to read game, amazingly dangerous with a gun, drug addiction, and poor aditudes have been on the list of offenses in our past trial runs with other "hunters". We hunt puddle ducks into the ice over and then swap to late season sea ducks until we can't take the frostbight anymore. Benelli is our retriever and is one of the best retrievers on the planet, but she will steal your sandwiches if you are carless. If you are a dedicated waterfowler and would like to hunt around fresh faces fire off an email to me. Also don't get worked up if we don't jive, a good hunting partner is harder to find than a good wife (and they don't even exist)! Most of our hunting takes place near Wasilla and Kenai.

kersm907@gmail.com

Boy oh boy, it might be easier to find a good hunting dog at the pound, and a great gun at the Pawn shop cheap, than it will be to find a partner on the "net", but I do admire the way you are going about it. Sure do wish you and your brother duck hunter all the luck finding just the right 3rd partner. This might be fun watching the proceedings from afar. Let us know how it pans out.
    ARR
    ps. Thanks for the warning to hide the sandwiches. I hate it when the shotgun steals mine.

Lol, yeah shure will. I'm figuring that I probably will have some epic tails to convey, but I'm counting on luck with this one. I figured after almost getting shot by the last guy that "really really" was into duck hunting, the potential here couldn't get any worse. And that was only 30 minutes after that fellow dropped the barrel of his gun in the mud and completely plugged it off.
    The main problem here is that there are alot of good hunters out there (the 10%) but come hunting time they are chasing those lame ass grazers and then they are done.
    Quote; "eat to grow, grow to die, die to be dead at the hamburger fry" -Dana Lyons

Well this sounds awesome to me, but I may not be what you are looking for. I have an 18 month Chessie I have trained from 8 weeks old and would love to get her some action from time to time, although not in lieu of Benelli. I just need to learn what to do so if I go on my own, I can get her some birds. I am new to duck hunting though and it sounds like you want someone experienced.

I got out last year but didn't get any because I really don't know where to go or what to do. I have decoys and most everything I would need, but no clue really how to call and where to begin. I will be going solo again this fall trying to figure it out if I can't meet anyone to teach me.

I do know better than to stick my gun in the mud or barrel sweep my partners! I am a very fast learner and would love to have some guys to teach me, but again, if you're looking for someone who already knows duck hunting, I understand. I live near Houston.

Default Yeah i might be interested????

Quote Originally Posted by hunt2xs View Post
    Must like long walks on the flats, sunrises in the swamps, & must be good at teaching waterfowl lessons in survival.
    Just kidding, but in all seriousness my duckhunting partner and my self hunt near everyday of the season and are looking to bring in a third "partner in crime". Posting for a hunting partner is a shot in the dark, but after some trial runs with a few other hunters we have found a great deal of disappointment. Unable to read game, amazingly dangerous with a gun, drug addiction, and poor aditudes have been on the list of offenses in our past trial runs with other "hunters". We hunt puddle ducks into the ice over and then swap to late season sea ducks until we can't take the frostbight anymore. Benelli is our retriever and is one of the best retrievers on the planet, but she will steal your sandwiches if you are carless. If you are a dedicated waterfowler and would like to hunt around fresh faces fire off an email to me. Also don't get worked up if we don't jive, a good hunting partner is harder to find than a good wife (and they don't even exist)! Most of our hunting takes place near Wasilla and Kenai.

kersm907@gmail.com

I would probably be interested in trying this. Not sure if when i will be moving up there this fall yet or not but hit me up if you want to chat some more about it?

If you are serious with this, I would be interested. I am in the Army out of JBER and currently in Afghanistan. I moved to AK last Sept but didint get to hunt cause I was hunting a house. I do not return from this deployment for another few months, about the first week of October. I really want to hunt this year before the puddlers leave and I am dying to go after sea ducks. I live in Eagle River. just let me know if you are interested.

Must be nice to have a job that lets u hunt almost every day of the season!

Yeah it is! The ducks hate it though.

AK Explorer - No you don't have to know how to hunt necisarily but that sounds great man. I can train your dog, show you all my spots, leave my duck dog at home, and probably even drive you there. As an added bonus I give really good back rubs, I'm talking grade A, so that way while your dog is in the water retrieving, and your shooting ducks, I can rub your back! Can I also give you all my money too?

hunt2xs,

i sent you an email...

ak explorer,

i'd like to meet you when i get to town...i'd be glad to help ya but i can only hunt during the week..
    tue/wed/thur...are my days off...

gary "bigun"

I just moved back from AZ and live in Kenai I split my time ducking and chasing grouse with my pointer and I'm. Working on another. Love chasing ducks though send me a message if you want the opener I will prolly be on the west side of the inlet

Hunt2,

Sent you an email but that was before I read the rest of the thread. Massages come with this package, BONUS! Is that Thai, Swedish, or deep tissue?

didn't think anyone was more diehard than me...lol I will be back by next season. we might need to chat
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Hey I am also over here in the stan. If I can find a good deal on a bigger outboard I'd be happy to take you out till it freezes up. I tried taking a buddy and my dog before and my little 4 horse wasn't cuttin it. Just send me a PM closer to us coming home!

Quote Originally Posted by airborneduckhunter View Post
    If you are serious with this, I would be interested. I am in the Army out of JBER and currently in Afghanistan. I moved to AK last Sept but didint get to hunt cause I was hunting a house. I do not return from this deployment for another few months, about the first week of October. I really want to hunt this year before the puddlers leave and I am dying to go after sea ducks. I live in Eagle River. just let me know if you are interested.

PM sent to you duckhunter8

if you are still looking for someone, let me know I dont have a lot of time this fall due to work, but would enjoy finding a group to talk hunting and get out as much as I am able with. Did not hunt last fall due to moving here but hunted all of MN and ND for many years prior to moving here. Also safe with gun and no drug use just in case you were wondering, and not afraid to enjoy a beautiful sunrise/set with a couple other guys staring at duck decoys with shotguns in hand!!!lol.