Thread: Copper Spur for Sheep Hunt?

Default Copper Spur for Sheep Hunt?

Anyone using one of these for AK sheep hunts?

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/De...perSpurUL42012
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Yes, I have the copper spur ul in 3 man version. Used it last year and really liked it. For two guys, it is a great tent. Lots of room and worked great. Do some searching on ebay or watch steepandcheap. Should be able to find a three or four man for around $325-$350 if you get lucky.

Yup. Got the folks one for their Chilkoot hike. Used another one on my sister's sheep hunt. The UL3 worked great. Tons of room and having two doors is awesome. Cause who wants to snuggle with their sister? Ewwwwww.....

I used a 2 man copper spur last season and it worked out great. They do tend to condensate a bit, even when fully staked out and the upper vent open. But you won't find more vestibule space in any tent that size or weight. Having the two vestibules was great, I was able to stash my barney's pack under one vestibule and cook and do other stuff on the other side. I used the 2 man for myself and it was a money well spent.

Used a two man for two of us. Great tent. I agree with the condensation mentioned above. We are both six foot and had no issues. For two people I will ONLY go with a two door tent.

Did not have any heavy winds.

Rained like easy every day. We were able to sit back to back inside the tent with our feet under the vestibules and flesh our capes. Money well spent and will be using it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by plentycoupe View Post
    ..For two people I will ONLY go with a two door tent...
    Big Ditto there....
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Having seen this and the Alps mountaineering tents in the flesh I would bet they are made in the same China factory!! Not that either is bad (the opposite actually) just saying that you could save yourself $400 by getting an Alps mountaineering version of the same design. just putting the thougt out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nbh40 View Post
    Having seen this and the Alps mountaineering tents in the flesh I would bet they are made in the same China factory!! Not that either is bad (the opposite actually) just saying that you could save yourself $400 by getting an Alps mountaineering version of the same design. just putting the thougt out there.
    The alps mountaineering tents are not near as light as the Copper Spur. The copper spur UL 2 weighs 3 lbs 2 oz. The lightest two person alps tent weighs 4 lbs 12 oz. Not saying it's worth the money to spend extra on the big Agnes, just saying the fabric is very different and the tents are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Russp17 View Post
    The alps mountaineering tents are not near as light as the Copper Spur. The copper spur UL 2 weighs 3 lbs 2 oz. The lightest two person alps tent weighs 4 lbs 12 oz. Not saying it's worth the money to spend extra on the big Agnes, just saying the fabric is very different and the tents are not the same.
    Hadn't noted on the weight, TY for that. But seeing both there really doesn't seem much difference, but I have not packed them. You are right though, the AM Chaos 2 (almost identical to CS UL2) is about 1.8# heaverier than the UL2. Difference looks to be the lighter mesh (and more mesh) in the UL2. AM Chaos definitely worth a look though.