Thread: cooper lake / snug harbor road

Default cooper lake / snug harbor road

Has anyone been up to Cooper lake recently? I'm trying to get an update on road and lake conditions. Ive been up there in late may and the road hasn't been passable and lake still covered in ice.

Any update would be great. Thanks!
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." Theodore Roosevelt, 1913

Quote Originally Posted by adfraiser View Post
    Has anyone been up to Cooper lake recently? I'm trying to get an update on road and lake conditions. Ive been up there in late may and the road hasn't been passable and lake still covered in ice.

Any update would be great. Thanks!
    I can't be for sure, but if you haven't been able to get up there in late May before after a normal winter, then you probably answered your own question. The mountains still have lots of snow.....

I drove throught the Kenai penn last weekend and it is WAY too snowed in at this point!!!! I did not go down Snug Harbor, but have before. Based on that and my previous experience with spring conditions I'd bet you could still ride a snow machine up Snug Harbor......or even in the best of scenarios it's unfit for driving and snow machines.

Brett

Drove from Anchorage to Kenai yesterday and Summit lake was still almost all ice, I think Cooper lake will still be froze
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Made it about 7 miles up snug harbor rd. last Sunday. Seen some bears up high and a few guys setting bait in the snow. The lake was still mostly ice.