Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock guys - a little help, please...

Default Glock guys - a little help, please...

Hey guys, a little help please. I have a Glock 20 SF (10mm, full size frame) and recently added a Lone Wolf 5.5” extended, ported barrel.

I went to the range, first time with the new barrel, inserted a mag of range ammo, racked the slide and it failed to feed. I slapped the bottom of the mag and tapped the back of the slide and it fed the round. I went thru 4 magazines of 15 rounds without a malfunction.

A few days later the wife and I went for a walk and I took the G20. I inserted a mag of Double Tap 230 gr, racked the slide and it failed to feed. I slapped the bottom of the mag and tapped the back of the slide and it fed the round.

No bears encountered on our walk.

When we got back home, I dropped the magazine and racked the slide to eject the chambered round and the slide won’t move/cycle. It moves about 1/8 of an inch. The “loaded chamber indicator” shows that there is a round in the chamber.

Not sure what to do… thought about going to the range and pulling the trigger, but something is just not right.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!
    English is an odd language. It can understood through tough thorough thought, though.

I'd check some of your other rounds and check to OAL...maybe they're a little on the long side and contacting the rifling enough to make extraction difficult. Not familiar with Lone Wolf barrels but in general aftermarket parts tend to muck up the works in a Glock.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Try that round in the factory barrel, I bet it won't create a hiccup of any sort. Lone wolf barrels are alot tighter than glock, bad for absolute reliability but good for chamber support. The lead in an aftermarket barrel is alot tighter which is causing the longer cast lead bullet to swage itself into the lead/rifling. If you are going to carry that pistol stick with glock parts, they are absolutly proven. I also fell for the idea that an aftermarket barrel would be more accurate with heavy bullets and an overall better option, not the case. Glocks may not be "perfection", but the best way to make one not work is to start messing with it.

I have sent my Lone Wolf back to them to have them enlarged a little, and since then I have not had any isue with them. I am loading 180 Laser cast bullets for target shooting. For carry ammo I am using BB 200 ammo.
    I have both a G20 and a G20 SF.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

So, what do i do now to get my pistol back into action? Is it safe to fire? I thought about dis-assembling it, but that makes me a bit nervous with a live round in the chamber...

I don't want to screw up my gun or put myself an unsafe situation.
    English is an odd language. It can understood through tough thorough thought, though.

Take it to a 'smith to have the round removed first thing.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by aces-n-eights View Post

So, what do i do now to get my pistol back into action? Is it safe to fire? I thought about dis-assembling it, but that makes me a bit nervous with a live round in the chamber...

It CAN'T go off if you don't touch the trigger, because it is NOT cocked. Remove the magazine, get a "MAN" grip on the slide with your left hand & hit the back of the grip "Smartly" with your right hand.

Well . . . I’d shoot it if I was sure there was no obstruction but I won’t tell you to shoot it. Forcing it open risks extractor damage or ripping the rim off the case, if you don’t know how to open it the wise thing is find somebody that does.

As too the issue I suspect you ether have a shallow chamber, a burr in the chamber, or a long COL round in there. From the description I think it’s likely a bad barrel that needs to go back to Loan Wolf. While it is mostly true that anything changed on a Glock reduces reliability some a Wolf barrel shouldn’t make a notable difference like this. The difference should be more like going from 1/1000 fail rate to maybe 5/1000, not 6 or 8 in a box of ammo. I have a Loan Wolf barrel on a G20 and it runs just fine by the way.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

You cannot dissassemble a glock without pulling the trigger! I would try to get the slide back instead of beating of forward. I have done it before, can't remember off hand. If you use a dowl and hammer, the round will be damaged, might sink the bullet deep into the case. The trigger does cock the firing pin like stated in other post. So man grip it and have it, or tap with a rubber mallot also. Or put tip of slide on a padded surface, push down very hard to move slide back, seen that done on a g19 when the slide rails were damaged.

I have the 4.6" and 6.0" KKM barrels, as do others. I don't see or hear everytjing, but I haven't heard of a single failure with them. And they work great in my G20SF with every type of ammo I have thrown at them. Really accurate compared to stock IMO. http://www.kkmprecision.com/custom_p...ome.php?cat=16

I had a discussion on this topic with Dan, the lone wolf armorer. I assume the DT ammo was the only one to 'lock up' the slide on this G20? I had my 6" G20 barrel 'enlarged' a bit and they engraved a 'c' on the barrel lug to show it has a 'custom' chamber for DT hardcast...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I had a discussion on this topic with Dan, the lone wolf armorer. I assume the DT ammo was the only one to 'lock up' the slide on this G20? I had my 6" G20 barrel 'enlarged' a bit and they engraved a 'c' on the barrel lug to show it has a 'custom' chamber for DT hardcast...

The OP said at the range first round jammed with "range ammo". Any more I honestly believe KKM is the better barrels for sure. LWD producst are good, just heard to many bad things and seen with my own eyes. Plus at gun shows, had numerous people say the 9mm bbls had problems. Cheap is not always the better buy. Sure hope they get it figured out though. Do reamers go dull or loose diameter after a certain amount of use? I am pretty much out of business, just not worth my time anymore. Not bad mouthing because of that, I can get customers who are also forum members to post!! My opinion is the LWD bbls are about 50/50 chance of getting a good one with no issues and no mailing back.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Do reamers go dull or loose diameter after a certain amount of use?
    Yes. It's called "tool wear" and it effects every type of machine tool out there. Good QC will have you changing it prior to the release of a bad part.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Shoot the gun. You just shot a box of this ammo. One more wont matter. I'd say the chamber dims are on the small end of tolerances. A "match" chamber. A trip back to lone wolf will likely fix the problem.

What the hell is range ammo?? This could well be the problem.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    What the hell is range ammo?? This could well be the problem.
    I think anything less than a buck a round!

Thanks for the help, guys. I got it un-jammed. Used the AGL4now and akrstabout method and got the slide to come back and eject the round. Definitely some scratches on the bullet.

Murphy, my definition of “range ammo” is the cheapest stuff I can buy so I have more ammunition to use for practice. I thought that was a common term here…

I appreciate the commentary here to get me back shooting! The barrel will be going back to Lone Wolf…

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Should we tell him how Jason Falla clears a jambed slide Must have a steel front sight to get her done right.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thanks for the help, guys. I got it un-jammed. Used the AGL4now and akrstabout method and got the slide to come back and eject the round. Definitely some scratches on the bullet.

Murphy, my definition of “range ammo” is the cheapest stuff I can buy so I have more ammunition to use for practice. I thought that was a common term here…

I appreciate the commentary here to get me back shooting! The barrel will be going back to Lone Wolf…
    Glad you got the round out! Question for you though. Is the lead scratched or the case? Are the scratches to close together, like two within a 1/8" total? Seen that on another guys round that jammed, I have that around here somewhere. Could post pics to compare. He later had a case get stuck in the chamber, well just about half of it, locked the gun up really good! Well the story gets worse from there, no damage to gun though. But we both didn't like the results of the bbl. Have you tore the gun apart completely, stripped the slide?

Like this...?

It looks like there are two parallel scratches on the lead and a smaller scratch on the case, with a few nicks on the "shoulder" or the edge of the face of the bullet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast