Thread: Stolen Sheep Horns, $500 Reward!!!

Default Stolen Sheep Horns, $500 Reward!!!

In an attempt to get back my wife and I's sheep horns that were stolen out of a North Pole taxidermy shop I'm offering a $500, no questions asked reward for their return. Anybody that contacts me about these is welcome to remain completely anonymous.

My hope is that the person(s) who took these were trying to get even with the taxidermist who I have come to find out has a reputation for ripping people off (including me). The problem is, they didn't take anything that belonged to him, they took the property of others who were also victims of this guy. The reward money I'm offering will hopefully act as some form of reimbursement for their loss. The horns can't be sold on the open market, so hopefully the reward money will be an incentive to return them to their rightful owners. Take the money and buy yourself something you can legally own and have fun with.

Attached is a photo of the two sets of horns. They are sealed with numbers 2872 (ram on the left) and 4177 (ram on the right). 4177 is very distinct in that it has the seal in the left horn and a bullet hole through the right horn. 2872 (my wife's first and only ram) is very wide with rather yellow colored horns.

These horns have been reported to the state troopers as stolen and possession of them is a crime. In addition, transporting them across state lines is a federal violation of the Lacey Act, which can land the possessor in some serious trouble.

Again, anybody with information can remain completely anonymous, and the reward is no questions asked.

Thank you,

Jeff Shannon
    907-388-8361
    jdsbowhunter@hotmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a field photo of my ram (4177). That was a great hunt, with my Dad by my side.

Here's a field photo of my wife's ram. She was an incredible trooper and toughed out some very rough conditions to get her ram. To say I was proud is a serious understatement.

Jeff,

Best of luck getting them both back.

Jeff I sure hope you and your wife's horns turn up soon!

Hey Jeff,

I am enlarging the photos of your sheep & will keep them in the shop to see if somebody brings them in trying to get them mounted.
    Anouther place to start watching everyday would be Ebay, & Taxidermy.net.

If they are going to sell them they will be on one of those sites.

In fact you might want to place an add on Taxidermy.net about them being stolen.

Good luck.

RJ Simington

I would do the opposite and post a WTB ad on taxinet and say nothing about them being stolen, you mention stolen it could turn the theif away you mention want to buy they may try and sell you your own horns back. I have followed this method a few times when I have had things stolen and almost always recover them.

Good Idea.

Wtb on Craigslist
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I much appreciate all of the tips everybody. Thanks for keeping an eye out for them too, RJ. I really appreciate that. I've been searching high and low, but no luck so far. I really hope that whoever has them will come to their senses and realize that collecting the reward money and getting them back to their rightful owners is the best bet. If whoever is reading this has those horns, it's truely a no questions asked deal. You can tell me that a friend of a friend asked you to collect the reward for you and that's fine by me. I'm not looking to get anybody in trouble, I just want those horns back.

Jeff
    907-388-8361