Thread: Hits?

Default Hits?

Any one getting any action yet, just got mine out a couple days ago, headed out sat to check/rebait. Just wondering if there awake and moving yet or if things are still slow.

My stuff has been out for about 3 weeks now and no hits. They have a drum full of food out there

Another week and you be hit still early
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Had my bait out on the 16th and had my barrell emptied, set up a trail cam and some guys dogs are at it! Fluffy white dog and a big old mut. Guess 1/4 mile off the road isnt gonna work gonna have to move farther back i guess.

Just wondering if anyone has day old donuts or fruit loops someplace along the Hope Road. I am getting low on supplies......

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has day old donuts or fruit loops someplace along the Hope Road. I am getting low on supplies......
    I could go check for ya

Quote Originally Posted by jcav.444 View Post
    Had my bait out on the 16th and had my barrell emptied, set up a trail cam and some guys dogs are at it! Fluffy white dog and a big old mut. Guess 1/4 mile off the road isnt gonna work gonna have to move farther back i guess.
    Sorry to hear that, but that's hilarious. The owner was probably thinking how the hell his dogs got so fat.

Mountain man that barrell was stuffed with hostes goodies; dognuts, twinkies, pies, bread, and dingdongs. I hope those dogs learned there lesson with a big old belly ach.

Jcav, chain your barrel higher to the tree where the dogs can't reach it.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    What's the snow like down there? I'm not baiting this year but I still plan on doing some walking and glassing Memorial Day Weekend.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    What's the snow like down there? I'm not baiting this year but I still plan on doing some walking and glassing Memorial Day Weekend.
    We still have about 10 to 18 inches at Hope Road level, And it has been snowing for the last 5 days above that elevation.

I have my bait in a very secret place somewhere between Delta and Fairbanks that only 600 other people know about. I set my bait out Sat the 5th of May, I checked it friday the 11th with no hits yet. I can almost garuntee one this week though.

Checked mine sat. Nothing yet just a moose checking it out on my cam next weekend is when I got my first hit last year.

I didn't get hit last year until the 31st. Still pretty early.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

We have a bait stand set up outside of Fox and it has been slightly hit in the past 2 weeks. They have scratched up the tree that I painted with molasses, completely ripped down the beaver we had screwed to it & messed with the stink bucket. However they have'nt really touched the bait barrel. We went to hunt on Sat night and they had been there again but never showed up that night, hopefully better luck next weekend. We finally got our trail cam so hopefully we can see whats been hitting it this week. Our friend not far away had confirmed black bears at his barrrel with pictures this past week, so they are definitely awake and roamin around! Good Luck everyone!

Anyone around Fairbanks get a bear yet??????
    Any trail cam pics????