Thread: Rangefinder choices...please help

Default Rangefinder choices...please help

Hello All,

Need some help deciding which rangefinder to go with. The two choices I have decided to go with is either the Leupold, vortex or Zeiss.

I can get the Leupold for $305 new (1000 w/TRB), vortex for $380, or the Zeiss for $479.

I know that the Zeiss would be the best glass and range the farthest according to most, but just want others opinions on if I should spend the extra.

The vortex would be nice for the warranty, but kinda like buying a new car extended warranty...if you dont use it it was worthless.

The Leupold would be nice cause I could use the extra money to buy more gear.

Please help!

kevin

Here is your solution.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/site.pl?page=40529

Call forum sponsor Doug @ 866-9-OPTICS

you are going to get a hundred different answers here shortly I am sure. I personally like the ones that reach out there the furthest, not for actually shooting at a critter but for stalking..paticularly when I guide sheep hunters. I use them to find points that I need to get to to be in range meaning..lets say the sheep are 1000 yards I try to find rocky outcrops and such that are say 800 yards this way when I get to those points if things get sketchy I know the range already..buts that me, I prefer swarovskis but they are a bit more $ I believe..

The Leica CRF is one sweet unit if you are willing to spend the dough. Can't go wrong with it. The one I used (belonged to a friend) have superb optics and range quick.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    The Leica CRF is one sweet unit if you are willing to spend the dough. Can't go wrong with it. The one I used (belonged to a friend) have superb optics and range quick.
    x2 the 900 yd is a sweet little unit
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    x2 the 900 yd is a sweet little unit
    x3 leica all the way

Ummm, I am x1, Snyd is x2, TWB is x3, and bnkwnto is x4... just sayin

Like I said, follow the link to grab one of the just like new show demo units from Doug at Cameraland and enjoy owning the industry standard for laser range finders. They just flat work.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Ummm, I am x1, Snyd is x2, TWB is x3, and bnkwnto is x4... just sayin
    There's nothing Leica laser sharp rangefinder quip, eh? (Or would that be a pun?)
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Dang guys...y'all really like the Leica. I looked into them and I'm kinda worried about the 90 day warranty. I can get a Zeiss NEW for $487. Are they that much better?

Quote Originally Posted by KRG View Post
    Are they that much better?
    Yes.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I started out with a Leupy RXIV years ago,was horrible at ranging much at over 500yds,the factory "Tech" said;"There's not much good I can say about these units".Sold it at a loss to a bowhunter who thanks me to this day.

I bit the bullet on a Leica CRF 1200 and loved it,the size,rapid return,accuracy,optic quality,etc.Got bitten by the LR shooting bug in a big way and sold the Leica and bought a Swarovski Laserguide thinking it would be better.I regretted that move,the Swaro was bulky,slower return,reticle was not my fav,and didn't range noticeably better than my 1200 CRF.

I now own a Leica 1600 Rangemaster and will be keeping it for a loooooong time.Very pleased with this unit.I would suggest Leica all the way.Buy once,cry once.