Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice fishing photo

Default Ice fishing photo

Had a good weekend out on the lake, these are all rainbows. With a few bunnies in back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Wow!

48 Rainbows, hmmmm. Hopefully you left something for seed?

Default Instigation.

Did you post this just to rile people up.....and how many guys were on the ice to produce this carnage?

Way to kill 48 wild rainbows

by my calculations you'd probably need 24 people to do that legally or 12 over two days, unless you were on a lake with stockers (which you'd need 5 people over 2 days) which it appear you weren't because every single one of those fish are wild.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default calm down people

This was taken from a stocked lake by ADF&G. There were 6 of us for 3 days. We released twice as many as we kept. Don't get all mad over a few less rainbows, take my word for it, that lake can handle it. They will make a few delicous dinners. Just thought i'd share a good photo.

Nice haul. I did not do any ice fishing this year because I didn't want to buy another year-long non-resident fishing license, but next year I'm all over it. What did you use for bait to get those rainbows? Man, they look tasty!!!
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

you should be ashamed of yourself.

Just keep in mind what may be a "good photo" to some will rub others the completely wrong way. Also if this was over 3 days as you say did you not gut or clean any of the fish from the 1st or 2nd days?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Way to kill 48 wild rainbows

by my calculations you'd probably need 24 people to do that legally
    Your calculations still aren't impressive.

Why is everybody on offense right away?

Geesh.............

This is just wrong...

These definetly look like wild bows to me, what lake do you say this is that is stocked by Fish and Game

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan19alaska View Post
    Don't get all mad over a few less rainbows

Guess that sums it up pretty well......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Yup, wasn't impresed eighter. I would like to know the name of the lake too. Good point on the "not been gutted" for 3 day's. And the rabbit head on the stick, now that is just classic, great focal point for the picture. I could see catching and releasing that many in a day/trip, but to "freeze" a rainbow for later eating? yuk. Probly be best to just delete this photo.

Just my .02

What an abuse. Who leaves fish for three days un-cleaned if you are going to eat them? Get a life. I do not mind people harvesting rainbows where it is legal (I prefer not to), but this has all of the appearance of a "glory shot", rather than a legal harvest.

Come on and man up and at least tell us what ADF&G unit you were fishing in and the regulation rules covered the lake you were fishing. I don't know of any area that allows more than 2 trout per day or 2 in possession. Looks like if you have more than 12 fish there buddy if you had six anglers. I don't care if you were there a week, you can only possess two each.

Wonder if you have any COs that moniter this site.

Thumbs down

Even if you were on a stocked lake that allows 5 per day, you still are only allowed 5 in possession per person regardless of how many days you fished. 5 fish x 6 fisherman = 30 fish. Thats 18 over what you can legally have in possession. And 3 days without gutting and cleaning them?

Default Nice try

For those of you who thought i would just give out the name of the lake so you can go fish it are crazy. I can assure you and would put any amount of money on the table to back it up, the lake i was fishing was stocked. It is listed as a stock lake in the reg's book and there is a sign at the entrance to the lake that states it is stocked by ADF&G.
    If I up set anyone with the picture i appoligize, i hope there are some who enjoyed seeing it.
    The rainbows were frozen each night whole, nothing wrong with that. I will be cold smoking all these for summer eating. If you have not had cold smoked trout, i would recomend trying it. I have smoked many kinds of fish, but cold smoked trout is by far the best.
    So to wrap it up, It was a great weekend for our group. Sorry to upset anyone as that was not my attention. Good luck to everyone this summer.

Default stop jumping

Stop jumping to conclusions! there are plenty of lakes heavily stocked with rainbows that allow you to keep ten per day, nobody would have said anything if they were salmon in the photo. Also most of the trout are stocked when they are only 6-8 inches long which would mean those trout were in the lake for at least a year, plenty of time to adapt color patterns. Stocked trout also spawn, so a stocked lake can still have naturally produced fish in it, in fact many of those trout look like they are getting spawning colors. there is nothing in that photo that indicates anything thats been accused. In addition anybody that has been ice fishing much knows that the fish are frozen long before you get home. So we are all eating frozen fish when icefishing

Having said this I don't personally like keeping more than a couple, and the rabbit head was personally a bit much for me, and I would have gutted them. but you guys seriously need to back off.

Sad....Just Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan19alaska View Post
    This was taken from a stocked lake by ADF&G. There were 6 of us for 3 days. We released twice as many as we kept. Don't get all mad over a few less rainbows, take my word for it, that lake can handle it. They will make a few delicous dinners. Just thought i'd share a good photo.
    Which one? They all look wild to me... Unless of course it was one of the ones they stock fingerlings into.

Edit: I can tell they are wild because they have no abrasions on the pectoral fins, a surefire way to tell if they are stocked or not.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast