Thread: Looking for good Cordova or Yakutat pic for the site

Default Looking for good Cordova or Yakutat pic for the site

Hi folks,

Many of you have offered photos for our use on the site here, and we greatly appreciate it. We are looking for something special for the Cordova or Yakutat area. If you have something that depicts this area and you don't mind us using it, send it to my email address or shoot me a PM, okay?

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I have a few from Cordova... Let me know if you like any of these.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

These are a little late but since I don't live in Alaska anymore I don't check in quite as often these days.

A shot of Cordova from about halfway up Ski Hill. It shows part of the town, the small boat harbor, and Orca Inlet.

The "TAMAR" a 90' Salmon tender returning from the Copper River Flats delivering to Trident Seafoods (father in laws boat)

Sheridan Glacier as seen from near the western parking lot at the end of Rifle Range Road

A boardwalk that is serviced by the forestry dept. This is part of Pipeline Trail.

An un-named peak that can be seen from Pipeline Trail

Another overlook showing part of Cordova and the edge of Lake Eyak

One of the various lakes along Pipeline Trail

Lake Eyak and a view out the Copper River Highway from atop the Crater Lake trail

Frozen Lake Eyak as seen from Skater's Cabin.

The Ferry Chenega on its way into Cordova transiting from Nelson Bay to Orca Inlet

A feasting bald eagle enjoying scraps from the fish cleaning station at Hippy Cove

The end of the trail. This is where the Copper River Highway becomes lost to the wilderness about 10 miles past the Million Dollar Bridge. A fourwheeler or serious 4x4 will take you this far but you'll need to be able to float to get any farther.

Another view of the Copper River Highway leading out the road from Cordova. This shot was again from Ski Hill

Cabin Lake shot from the camping area

A perched eagle watching over the Copper River Delta at mile marker 29 of the Copper River Highway

An immature bald eagle scans the river for food from the 27 mile bridge on the Copper River Highway

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I miss it down that way.