Thread: Black bear hunt PWS

Default Black bear hunt PWS

I am planning to go out of Whittier this weekend for my annual spring black bear hunt. I was unable to go out this weekend to browse around, due to the flu. For those of you that went out there this weekend what is the snow condition out there? I was out there a few weeks ago, and the snow was still very deep.

Snow is still very Deep.. it rained all 3 days I was out shrimping.. which should help with the snow melt.

Went out this weekend and snow is deep. Didn't see much green grass on beaches and no tracks were visible on mountains.
    "What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

We were out around the corner from whittier. Like someone mentioned before not a lot of green bear are out up high i shot one on the 29th and worked my butt off for it. They were being lazy not moving around much but they are out. And a bunch of snow then.

I am going out for a day trip tomorrow. I will let you know how it is.

Got one bear, saw three, one was too far up and passed on another for being too small. Got 150 shrimp while we were at it.