Thread: Parks Report?

Default Parks Report?

Anybody drive by Troublesome, Montana Creek areas? Wondering if ice and snow is cleared out that far north and what the water looks like. I did well on Troublesome last year in the first week of June...can you find success a little earlier than that, say May 18-20?

Quote Originally Posted by KMac View Post
    Anybody drive by Troublesome, Montana Creek areas? Wondering if ice and snow is cleared out that far north and what the water looks like. I did well on Troublesome last year in the first week of June...can you find success a little earlier than that, say May 18-20?
    Hit Montana before I came back north, it was ice free three weeks ago. I heard from a bird that they are biting also. Good luck.
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Hit Montana before I came back north, it was ice free three weeks ago. I heard from a bird that they are biting also. Good luck.
    Thanks BC. Remember to let me know this year if you have a seat on the DC grayling trip. Upper Gulkana 2nd week of Aug.......

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Which bird did you hear that from eh??? Everything up the sheep is clear of ice. Water is very low at sheep, not much going on there. I'd imagine that further north would be the same story. Another week or two and these streams will be good. Willow and others south are clear and free of ice also. I'd say you should be prime to hit it right the 18-20.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Which bird did you hear that from eh??? Everything up the sheep is clear of ice. Water is very low at sheep, not much going on there. I'd imagine that further north would be the same story. Another week or two and these streams will be good. Willow and others south are clear and free of ice also. I'd say you should be prime to hit it right the 18-20.
    Lol! I won't reveal my sources.
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Everything looks pretty good. Most are pretty low and clear right (and cold!) now.
    The only thing to keep in mind is that they haven't blown out yet this spring... A couple days of high 60s and the mountains are going to cut loose and they will all be high and dirty as usual.. maybe the 18-20, maybe tomorrow.. Still fishable though, so it doesn't really matter.
    Pic Taken today:

I just got back from down that way yesterday, and all creeks as far north as troublesome are in good shape. Byers was not free of ice yet. Fished Montana and Willow, water is clear and cold. A few fish here and there, but still a week out or so for prime bows.

Any body pick up a green softshell hooded jacket on Willow on Saturday? I hung mine on a stump while I walked up stream and when I came back it was gone.
    It was slow fishing on Saturday. Got a few hits, of course towards the end of the day when I stopped paying attention. Water is pretty **** cold still

This week...
    Fish meet Corneil, Corneil meet fish. Corneil opens mouth, fish says F$%K THAT I'M OUT and swims away