Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to make a flyfishing movie

Default Want to make a flyfishing movie

im interested in making a fly fishing movie this season. ive got some equipment and boats anyone want in on this? film experience is a plus but not a requirment. looking for guys that can devote a lot of time on the water. ideas and your imput is appreciated. the main focus will be bows but i would love to get some kings on the fly as well. we will be filming primarily on the k-pen but other locations are open for discussion. i have freed up the entire 2012 season to devote to this project and im just looking for some cool people to share the experience with.

I would be really interested. Been wanting to get into the fly fishing film scene. I've actually got an extensive contact list with many in the fly fishing industry, including many independent companies that participate with the fly fishing film tour. Received a couple copies of "Sipping Dry", "Tapam", and "Soulfish" this Winter to watch and review on my blog. I don't have a TON of time, but I have leave racked up to about 65 days. So a week here and there and some weekends could definitely be devoted. I don't have a boat, but have fly fishing and photography gear that could be contributed. I'll be down on the peninsula a ton this Summer, so let me know. Oh yeah...got a handful of sponsors that would definitely contribute some gear

Be sure to look into permitting for the areas you want to shoot, there can be some hefty fines if you don't have them and you put a movie out.
    "The Tug is the Drug"

Whom would you contact for such permitting? BLM? Or the borough?

Quote Originally Posted by globalfisher View Post
    I would be really interested. Been wanting to get into the fly fishing film scene. I've actually got an extensive contact list with many in the fly fishing industry, including many independent companies that participate with the fly fishing film tour. Received a couple copies of "Sipping Dry", "Tapam", and "Soulfish" this Winter to watch and review on my blog. I don't have a TON of time, but I have leave racked up to about 65 days. So a week here and there and some weekends could definitely be devoted. I don't have a boat, but have fly fishing and photography gear that could be contributed. I'll be down on the peninsula a ton this Summer, so let me know. Oh yeah...got a handful of sponsors that would definitely contribute some gear
    Sweet, sent a pm.
    Still looking for some fishermen that know their stuff and wouldn't mind a camera on them. This could be a stepping stone to fishing for a living!

I wouldn't mind helping but the only time I go down there "often" is in the fall.

I bought a Kodak underwater (because GoPros weren't cool yet) and shoot every chance I get. If your still planning on getting something together I'm always in for making people jealous about the fish in our backyard. Shoot me a pm

Sounds like a good time and a great way to justify additional time on the water. Some of my past and present fishing buddies have discussed producing this same type of thing as it could be an excellent launch pad for 'paid' fishing/filming trips. One consideration we had agreed to was to keep those less traveled waters undisclosed, not secret-as we know there are no secrets, rather just not blown out on a broad-scale. I hope that you will guys will choose to do the same. In recent years increased interest in fish AK along w/ advances in technology (increased quality & decreased expense) have led to some really cool resources for many of us who are proud to be addicts, however it has also played a big part in spoiling aspects of the experience that made it so rich to begin with.
    Best wishes with your upcoming endeavor, you are no doubt the envy of many who wish they could devote a full season to fishing and filming. Keep us posted with your progress, would be nice to see a local make a good flick.
    Matt

Ive got some high end canon cameras and 3 go pros. Im in

I got editing skills... in video and audio. So yeah.. im in.

Quote Originally Posted by IFISHAK View Post
    im interested in making a fly fishing movie this season. ive got some equipment and boats anyone want in on this? film experience is a plus but not a requirment. looking for guys that can devote a lot of time on the water. ideas and your imput is appreciated. the main focus will be bows but i would love to get some kings on the fly as well. we will be filming primarily on the k-pen but other locations are open for discussion. i have freed up the entire 2012 season to devote to this project and im just looking for some cool people to share the experience with.

totally agree, there is no need to blow the spot and draw more attention to a great spot
    Quote Originally Posted by lineburns View Post
    Sounds like a good time and a great way to justify additional time on the water. Some of my past and present fishing buddies have discussed producing this same type of thing as it could be an excellent launch pad for 'paid' fishing/filming trips. One consideration we had agreed to was to keep those less traveled waters undisclosed, not secret-as we know there are no secrets, rather just not blown out on a broad-scale. I hope that you will guys will choose to do the same. In recent years increased interest in fish AK along w/ advances in technology (increased quality & decreased expense) have led to some really cool resources for many of us who are proud to be addicts, however it has also played a big part in spoiling aspects of the experience that made it so rich to begin with.
    Best wishes with your upcoming endeavor, you are no doubt the envy of many who wish they could devote a full season to fishing and filming. Keep us posted with your progress, would be nice to see a local make a good flick.
    Matt

Im thinking a september-october rainbow flick would be the most fun but it might make more sense to make a movie has more chance of making a return like "How to float and fish the Kenai" has retail/sponsor potential and you could break down run timings and go over boat launches and day trips, saftey check lists etc. im not talking about giving away any "spots" just overall general knowledge that can be googled. just an idea as a quicky before trout season hits

it wont matter, if people spend enough time on a river that happens to be in the show they will know were you are without having to have a treasure map.

for sure but it wont draw more people in that arnt already "in the know" and you could film some of your bank footage from an anchored boat for a different angle. manual focus can really hide a background too.

yeah good call.

It's time! My buddy landed a huge bow yesterday, had to be in the 30" area, felt like a king in the net! Should have taped it but you get all giddy and stupid when you actuall get one in. Anyway let's do a meet and greet trip and game plan this out! Let me know what works for u guys in the up coming weeks

I just recently added an HD Hero 2 and Canon T3i to the camera stable so im ready to shoot!
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Weather has been a little rough but im fishing and filming every day planning on hitting Turnagain pass and hope area on Wednesday if anyone wants in

PM Sent Re: Filming. I've got an old school (5years old) camcorder with a waterproof housing and a new Nikon that can do HS and regular film too.

cool, pm sent, thanks. anyone else that is interested, dont be shy. also looking to replace the friends i have that throw tantrums because they cant cast a fly rod, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast