Thread: boat registration requirements

Default boat registration requirements

Hopefully someone can answer something for me.
    About two weeks ago I bought a used boat, it was registered to the previous owner, and when I went to the bank they filed the paperwork to get it registered in my name. However, its been 2 weeks now, and I'm really quite concerned that the boat is going to dehydrate in my driveway. Ok maybe Im just real anxious to get out on the water, do I have to wait for the registration to get here? Or is it like buying a car and the application counts as registration until it is recieved? Any help would be appreciated!

The registration application is good for 60 days I believe. I just bought a new boat recently and asked the dealer the same question, and if you look on the copy of the application, it says right on it, good for 60 days.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    The registration application is good for 60 days I believe. I just bought a new boat recently and asked the dealer the same question, and if you look on the copy of the application, it says right on it, good for 60 days.
    I didnt think of reading on the application itself for some reason, would have been to easy. thanks for the tip!

Heck if the sticker on the boat is good run the boat. I have never had them actually check the registration, they just look to make sure the sticker is current.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson