Thread: Any Russian River Reports Yet?

Default Any Russian River Reports Yet?

Thinking of heading down to Russian next weekend. Does anyone know where I can read reports? Thanks

Russian is closed to all fishing until June 11th

Russian, quartz, Crescent (till 1 july I believe) all closed
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks for the info. My God is it hard to keep up with all the regs for all the areas I want to hunt and fish.

I think pretty much all moving water between Kenai and Willow are closed for a while yet. Lakes are what's going to be happening or salt of course...

I went fishing out of Cooper Landing for Rainbows on the 28th of May just before they closed it down and did a guided float trip out of the Drifters Lodge. The fishing was slow but I was able to pull out a nice 23" Rainbow with 13" girth just close to the Drifters Lodge. There was 15 of us that went out and I think only 6 rainbows were caught the largest being my 23" bow. It was still early and the bite was very slow. The fish we caught was on smolt and fire cracker patterns. There was alot of people fishing then but as I said not very many were being caught. I would like to say that the guys at the Drifters lodge were very nice and they have earned my future business. Good luck everyone and if you have any questions on how I fished and what patterns seemed to work or not work just hit me up.

Tight Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Mashesta View Post
    Russian is closed to all fishing until June 11th
    Heard tale that there already tussling for position in line at the FerryCrossing ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Angler View Post
    I went fishing out of Cooper Landing for Rainbows on the 28th of May just before they closed it down and did a guided float trip out of the Drifters Lodge. The fishing was slow but I was able to pull out a nice 23" Rainbow with 13" girth just close to the Drifters Lodge. There was 15 of us that went out and I think only 6 rainbows were caught the largest being my 23" bow. It was still early and the bite was very slow. The fish we caught was on smolt and fire cracker patterns. There was alot of people fishing then but as I said not very many were being caught. I would like to say that the guys at the Drifters lodge were very nice and they have earned my future business. Good luck everyone and if you have any questions on how I fished and what patterns seemed to work or not work just hit me up.

Tight Lines
    Not only are the Russian, Quartz and Crescent closed right now, but so is the Upper Kenai River. I think you meant April 28th, because the Upper Kenai has not been open to fishing on May 28th for awhile.

I did mean the 28th of April. Good catch my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post
    Not only are the Russian, Quartz and Crescent closed right now, but so is the Upper Kenai River. I think you meant April 28th, because the Upper Kenai has not been open to fishing on May 28th for awhile.