Thread: new thread subject idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default new thread subject idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mike, I have another thought for an additional thread "Alaska Hunting Ethics" Or "Soap Box" It would appear that more threads are turning into pi****g contests rather than answering or addressing the posters original question and this is causing a sour taste in many members mouths. Many here continue to forget that old rule "if you don't have something good to say" As americans, and as hunters many of us love to debate the "rights and wrongs" or the "good and "bad" of a particular topic. So when a guy posts a hunting story or asks a question, those that want to bash, argue or debate the righteousness of a particular act or subject they can go to that thread and point something out to their hearts content. Heck they could even post a redirect in the original post that they want a soap box debate over a particular aspect.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

That'd be one busy forum!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

LOL...sounds like a great idea..thx
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The problem I see is if someone did do something wrong and received only positive remarks they learn nothing. Giving a little positive with the negative helps one save face.To tell a women she is pure blubber can hurt but say dear you don't sweat much for a fat broad you may get a thank you. Your idea has merit compared to many early morning post when not enough coffeee has been drank
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    dear you don't sweat much for a fat broad you may get a thank you
    For some reason I don't think too many thanks are on the way for that one, but hey if it works.....

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    The problem I see is if someone did do something wrong and received only positive remarks they learn nothing. Giving a little positive with the negative helps one save face.To tell a women she is pure blubber can hurt but say dear you don't sweat much for a fat broad you may get a thank you. Your idea has merit compared to many early morning post when not enough coffeee has been drank
    You make a very good point and if that were the case it would be fine. The problem is that a threat gets started where someone will post a hunting story or someone will post a question and for a few posts things are fine and then it starts. Someone make a snide remark or a little jab. Then someone else chimes in, then someone else tells them that they are full of crap till we get a thread that is 2 or 3 pages long and only 1/10th of the posts have anything to do with the original post in some sort of a contributing manner.

It would seem better if you have something negative to say to someone then utilize the PM system. Then it remains between you and that person. Recently I made a comment that someone didn't agree with me and that person sent me a very respectable PM and voiced their opinion. I responded in a likewise manner and life was good.

Maybe I'm way out in left field but I'm tired of the PI****G matches as I'm sure most are. People sit anonymously behind the key board and make blanket statement with zero tact just typing whatever comes to their mind. Maybe this thread will give some pause to think before they type. THere is nothing wrong with some constructive criticism it done with thought and in a caring or concern tone but thats not what happen most of the time. I might suggest that if a member is making some sort of correction or challenging view point that they imagine that person is sitting in the room facing them and that their child is in the room as well.

That all being said........ I still like the idea of the Soap Box/ Hunting ethics Forum.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Me too.Also a Zodiac/small boat and knife forum would be nice
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Actually I had been thinking about an "A&E" (Anything and Everything) section. Because lets face it, if we all got together inevitably the topic of discussion would end up being about women, cars, and/or beer...lol. So just a topic about other things, not necessarily about AK. outdoors. For instance I've seen topics about outhouses on here, and even though they would be outside, they're not really an idea that comes to mind when you think AK Outdoors....if ya know what I mean. Just plain A&E....."hey anybody know a good mechanic I can go to?" Or...something like..."looking for a different kind of beer or wine....any suggestions?"

See what I'm getting at hear? Just a place where normal topics would come up between friends if they were sitting around together.....No?

4mer - Take a look at the Global Discussion forum. That's the idea of that one.

we can call it "shoot the sh*t"... and put it in the hunting forum or the guns and shooting, either way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    4mer - Take a look at the Global Discussion forum. That's the idea of that one.
    Thanks Brian........I actually haven't looked around enough.....