Thread: Eurake Trail Condition by Memorial Day

Default Eureka Trail Conditions by Memorial Day?

Does anybody have any intel on whether the snow is melting as fast as it did last year at Eureka? Last year was awesome! We rode in T-shirts and the only trouble spot was ice on the creek just before Monument. We were able to go everywhere else.

Thanks,
    Stew

Spring started off hot and sunny. Got fried mid april back there and the snow was going fast. But lately the overall weather has cooled and it's still below freezing at night. Went by yesterday and there was plenty of snow to still ride. Quality may be lacking but I remember the trails were poking out in past years by this time. If it gets hot again it might be wheelerable by the end of the month.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Stew

I'll be by there again between now and then and will try to remember to post an update.

Weather or not the grass is popping up from the road doesn't exactly mean its passable. You'll encounter drifts and any low lying valleys will certainly hold snow longer.

Hope it opens up, Eureka is one of my fav places. Hoping to make a glacier run if more folks are interested, I won't go without 3-4 rigs and at-least of equal size
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    I'll be by there again between now and then and will try to remember to post an update.
    Thanks! That would be great.

Stew

We drove through last weekend and there was still a LOT of snow on the ground. It was also in the high 30's when we stopped for lunch at the lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepalaska View Post
    We drove through last weekend and there was still a LOT of snow on the ground. It was also in the high 30's when we stopped for lunch at the lodge.
    Well, bummer. Might have to rethink where we go ride for the upcoming weekend.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Stew

Eureka between the lodge and the big pit on the north side.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Eureka between the lodge and the big pit on the north side.

Thanks a bunch for the photo...that says it all. Guess we will find somewhere else to go. Bummer.

Stew

Thanks for posting the photo. I was thinking about heading up next weekend, but it looks like another 2 weeks or so at least before it is passable.

Yeah couple weeks should be able to get to the Lil Nel but may need a bit longer to get past that. Just depends on the weather we get. Have fun out there!