Thread: 6 gallons, 2.5 hours

Default 6 gallons, 2.5 hours

About what it takes on a kicker to go from Surprise Cove to Whittier.

ANY forward motion is better than drifting... Been on the kicker for several hours myself while the wife gave me the, are we there yet look.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Did you find this out on purpose or did you have a breakdown?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Sounded like a bummer day for the boat that ran aground. Sounded like it was in culross passage. Captain fell asleep at the wheel?
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336285213.524954.jpg yep we heard the call come out and we were less than 3 miles away so we headed that way but thankfully someone was closer
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

****, thats gotta suck!
    Anyone got the story on this?
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336285213.524954.jpg yep we heard the call come out and we were less than 3 miles away so we headed that way but thankfully someone was closer
    In the C-Dory brouchure it says that the CD-22 is beachable with an extra thick bottom. I don't think that is what they intended......Maybe it looks far worse than it is and they can just float it off and drive it back to port. I hope everyone was ok. BTW, it looks intential to me....

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    Did you find this out on purpose or did you have a breakdown?
    Breakdown. At idle, about half way up Cochran Bay, engine sputtered and then died. Kicker to Surprise to anchor up, drain Racor, replace other fuel filter, check distributor. No luck. Had 1 full gas can and half a gas can (total 9 gallons) for my 2-stroke kicker. Had to use the hose that has the ball in the end to transfer extra fuel from my main tank into a 6-gallon can to mix with oil just in case I needed the extra. That tube is meant to be used to siphon fuel, but since my main tank is in the lowest part of the boat, I had to jiggle the hose for like an hour continuously to move the fuel up to the gas can. What a pain, but had a good outcome and already have the boat at the shop.

"Chug a lug lug five miles an hourrrrrrrrrrr............on my International harvesterrrrrrrrrr!"

Haha, got a stupid song stuck in your head, for the next time you're using your kicker

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    About what it takes on a kicker to go from Surprise Cove to Whittier.
    Thats good to know ! Glad you guys made it back ok how was the weather
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Weather not bad. Some white caps in Cochran starting out, then layed down a bit. Breezy all the way in, and raining. Sitting on the transom with tiller in hand, this is when you're glad you invested in good rain gear and brought warm clothes. Luckily not busy at the dock, since first time docking using the kicker. The trip in on the kicker wasn't bad, just the worrying about the fuel situation and what else could possibly go wrong.

At least you had the kicker. I kind of thought that you had problems with your main when you were crawling out towards surprise.

Should have radioed sky diver. I would have towed ya in.. Would have gave me something to other than count rain drops dripping from my hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    At least you had the kicker. I kind of thought that you had problems with your main when you were crawling out towards surprise.

I need to buy a kicker. I got a 2 stroke 15 horse. Never take it... I bet it will bite me in the @ss one of these days.

I came past you twice in the kingfisher.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Thanks for the offers. Figured someone out there from this forum would have helped if I had put out a call. If my kicker had quit you definitely would have heard from me

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Thanks for the offers. Figured someone out there from this forum would have helped if I had put out a call. If my kicker had quit you definitely would have heard from me

I was on channel 3, shaking water off myself. .

When I first read the title of the thread, I thought you found a new secret shrimp hot spot!

FYI it turned out to be a bad distributor sensor.