Thread: Water pump /imperller Eninrude 70hp 4stroke

Default Water pump /imperller Eninrude 70hp 4stroke

I have a 2000 Evinrude E70 same as a (Suzuki DF70) 4 stroke, that won't run water thorugh the indicator / pee tube. Today I hooked up the mouse ears & all the water just drains out the sides by the intake & the two holes just above it, but it doesn't cycle any water through the engine block. The warning alarms aren't on yet, but I haven't run it that long either. Does sound like it needs a water pump / impeller kit to get water circulating again, or any other suggestions?

Did you run a small wire through the pee tube while it was running? Or hook a hose up your flush port on lower drive unit usually next to your gear case lower unit drain. Your flush ears have to fit well also, and have enough flow.

Unfortunately I have always only used the flush ears, so when I went to hook it up to the flush port, I can't get the cap off. Don't know if the the threads are stuck from saltwater / rust but I tried to use a channel lock & screw driver to turn & wedge it put all I did stress the plug. I did take the indicator off & checked the passage & there is no blockage at the end.