Thread: Favorite cabins to stay at in Homer?

Default Favorite cabins to stay at in Homer?

Does anyone have a favorite cabin to stay at in Homer? Since I live here I've never stayed at one and I get a lot of clients that ask me if I can recommend a place to stay. I'm aware of the various motels here and what they have to offer, but cabins are a different story. I had one group of guys that stayed at a cabin that had a hot tub and they loved it, but I never got the name of the place.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

We have stayed at the Kenai Peninsula Suites, just opened last summer. The accommodations are new and nice, and they do have a hot tub. It is about a quarter mile from the Baycrest gas station at the top of the hill in Homer.
    I don't have any affiliation with the place, but the owners have owned several properties in Homer and keep them nice. We got married in a property they formerly owned and it turned out well. (we're still married!)
    There are several cabins at the facility, and the views from the bluff are great. The unit we stayed in had a full size fridge too. Their website is here and I am sure the owners would be glad to show you around if you wanted.

http://www.kenaipeninsulasuites.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cwm907 View Post
    We have stayed at the Kenai Peninsula Suites, just opened last summer.
    Wow! Looks like they have some pretty cool, and unique, options there. The place that my clients stayed in before was somewhere on Kachemak Drive if I remember correctly, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Kenai Peninsula Suites. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Wow! Looks like they have some pretty cool, and unique, options there. The place that my clients stayed in before was somewhere on Kachemak Drive if I remember correctly, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Kenai Peninsula Suites. Thanks for the info.
    I think Dr. Hodnick has a rental on Kachemak drive with a hot tub.

Glacier view cabins, are very good Dave!

We stayed at Paradise View last summer when my in-laws were visiting, and we really liked it. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there again or to recommend it to others.

Thanks, all, for the info. They all look great. One thing I notice about Paradise View is that they have a washer/dryer. I'd think for an extended stay that would be a big bonus.

Not so much a cabin as it is a high end luxury suite, but Land's End has some condos down at the very end; 3 stories tall, each. I got upgraded into one of those once. Nice! An entire wall-o-windows looking at Kbay, and nothing between it and you but sand. A couple of decks, a few baths, jetted tub, full sized kitchen, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Not so much a cabin as it is a high end luxury suite, but Land's End has some condos down at the very end; 3 stories tall, each. I got upgraded into one of those once. Nice! An entire wall-o-windows looking at Kbay, and nothing between it and you but sand. A couple of decks, a few baths, jetted tub, full sized kitchen, and more.
    Yeah, I've actually stayed in one. My niece came to visit me back when I was living in Anchorage and we decided to splurge and stay in one of the condos. If you can afford to do it there's nothing like it. That's the first thing I recommend to people, but most people are scared away by the cost.

Thumbs up Lands End

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    most people are scared away by the cost.
    Yeah I'd had to think of what they must charge, retail, for those. I had a seaside hotel room booked, and while enroute, driving there, I got a call from Lands End saying that they wanted to offer me an upgrade for 20 bucks. Once I saw what the upgrade was too, I was pretty floored; not to mention that they dropped my bill by 20 clams instead of adding 20 on. I still a accuse a buddy of mine that is up there, in the tourism biz, of making a call and asking them nicely to give us the presidential treatment.

Also their restaurant has a heckuva great Halibut Olympia (I think that's what its called... or maybe Halibut Illiamna possibly). I got the hotel room on a special deal that included a few meals in that hotel - all for cheap. Yeah, I'd do that again, in a heartbeat. Five star, all the way

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Yeah I'd had to think of what they must charge, retail, for those.
    I saw a couple of them listed with a realtor a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly one of the smaller units was going for about $550,000 and a larger one for $750,000.

I like Land's End too. They do a couple things I like.
    1. No charge to cancel until a short time from the trip. (48 hours, I think) You won't get that with most of these other cabins. It's saved my tail a few times!
    2. It's close to the harbor.
    3. Their continental breakfast is better than most and the people are friendly.

I haven't had a chance to stay in the condos yet, but they look really nice.

Just tried Paradise View last weekend and can say that it is great. The owners are very nice and it has a great view. I would highly recommend them to anyone above the other options. Thanks for the recommendation Brian!