Thread: Delta Clearwater and quartz

Default Delta Clearwater and quartz

Anyone know how it's looking? I was there a week ago and no luck. Was wondering if it was worth a drive in the mourning.

I second that, anyone making the run to Delta this weekend?

BB

I bet there are not very many grayling in clearwater yet.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

from what i hear clearwater is open year round... is this true... never been out that way after the silvers die off.... is there any grayling that stay in the river year round

Quote Originally Posted by aktyler View Post
    from what i hear clearwater is open year round... is this true... never been out that way after the silvers die off.... is there any grayling that stay in the river year round
    Yes, It is open year round, The Grayling leave in the fall, sometime before the silvers arrive, which is October, I have been on the river mid April and they are not back in the Clearwater yet, not sure when they start showing up. There would be some whitefish around.
    I have heard the Grayling winter up the Goodpaster........? but dont personally know that for a fact.....
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    Yes, It is open year round, The Grayling leave in the fall, sometime before the silvers arrive, which is October, I have been on the river mid April and they are not back in the Clearwater yet, not sure when they start showing up. There would be some whitefish around.
    I have heard the Grayling winter up the Goodpaster........? but dont personally know that for a fact.....
    they grayling are most definalty there with the silvers as me and a buddy caught several in october over the years... as well as many of the people we have talked to.... as a matter of fact, last years clearwater silvers thread has picks i believe of them being caught... i think it was stidd who posted them if i remember correctly

I have caught grayling as late as Nov and as early as April. I have experienced larger fishable numbers in the system starting in Mid-May. Probably lots of whitefish now, like AKgramps said.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com