Thread: remington safari barrel stock

Question remington safari barrel stock

I have remington 375hh with a huge (large diameter) barrel. it was made in nov of 84. The barrel is thicker than your normal large magnum. The stock is cracked and i need a new one. used would be ok. what would be the best option for this. i wondering its model 700 long action bolt. Looking for the least epensive rout here. maybe a stock from like 416 or something like that would if they made one? im told called a safari barrel and they were only made for like 3 or for years.the rifle itself is in great condition with the original blue job almost new.

Default New Old Stock

The cheapest way to go would proll" be a cheap synthetis stock or buy a stock someone has taken off of there rifle to replace with another one. Lots of guys do this (there upgrading). and long action magnum stock should work in the model 700 series. As far as the barrel dia. you my have to do some inletting. There is lots of info on the web about this. It's farily simple to do, just take your time and pay attention to detail.

Jake

thanks for comeback

Default Use a sendero stock

Any long action stock will work but you will have to open the barrel channel.

The possible cheap way to go and one I did for a customer is to check eBay and find a used Sendero stock. He put a 8mm Mag Safari in a that stock. Looks cool. The Varmint/Safari contour are the same.