Thread: Wooldridge AK II 18'6"

Default Wooldridge AK II 18'6"

Well- I thought I was buying a Xtra plus- that's what the seller said it was and it was the 1st Wooldridge I'd ever sat in so I didn't know what I was looking at. Turns out it's a AK II 18.5. Can't find much info on these- what yrs were they made? Anyone have specs on them? I emailed wooldridge yesterday buyt havent heard back yet. ANy way it's a 2003 with a Yamaha 115, pump & prop, 8 ht yamaha. Can't wait for some open water. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on the new to you boat, it will be a blast this summer. I know when I bought my boat it was stamped with a number and the year could be seen in it. Not to familiar with your boat but I think there will be some markings to indicate year and manufacture of the boat.
    Cheers
    Will

Sweet boat...and well equipped to boot.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

measure how wide the bottom is because they change how wide they are a while back. that is a nice boat

The last two numbers on the registration represent the year is was built. The number is stamped on the back of the transom, starboard side. Does it have the recessed lights in the front. I love those.

It is a great boat that was built as a tweener rig between a standard Alaskan and the bigger Alaskan XL. I don't. Believe that there was a hull width change on the AK II like on the regular Alaskan model. The AK II should have a 68" hull vs the current model AK which is 60".

Yes LuJon is correct it is the same bottom and beam as a 20 AKII just 3ft shorter. Daved is also correct the serial number is on the upper rear starboard corrner of the transom. The last two numbers are the model year. And yes it could be a 2003 with a 115 Yamaha. Sorry we didn't get back to you today it was a very busy day. Glen

No sweat Glen- I'm just like a kid Christmas morning over this boat and couldn't find much of info on it. Curious how it compares weight wize to the 17.5 AK? Fuel capacity? I have a CMC jack plate to install-any tips? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kandiyohi Kid View Post
    No sweat Glen- I'm just like a kid Christmas morning over this boat and couldn't find much of info on it. Curious how it compares weight wize to the 17.5 AK? Fuel capacity? I have a CMC jack plate to install-any tips? Thanks
    The 18 AKII's weight is 1195 a 17AK is 1100 and a18XP with the standard 60in. bottom is 1220 these weights are the base windshield model boats with 2 storage boxes and seats no options motors ect. If all 3 boats had the same 115 the 18 AKII would haul the largest load. With a lift one downside is it moves the motor back about 5 in. A jet works better on the transom as you move it away from the boat it is more apt to get air. With a lift you need to make a tunnel ext that would bolt on with the 2 bolts that hold the plastic on top of the tunnel now. I also like to mount the motor up a couple of holes on the lift to allow more room to tilt and to drop the motor if needed as a prop. Make sure you have the lift all the way up when you set the correct heigth as a jet. Glen

Thanks Glen- Exactly what I was hoping to hear, sounds like the perfect boat for me right now. Boy watching ice melt is way worse than watching paint dry!

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Wooldridge View Post
    With a lift you need to make a tunnel ext that would bolt on with the 2 bolts that hold the plastic on top of the tunnel now. Glen
    Can you explain this further? Are you saying that when using a lift on Wooldridge boats, the owner should make a tunnel extension in addition to the plastic splash guard/tunnel extender that is supplied by Outboard Jets Inc.?

Quote Originally Posted by grsimmon View Post
    Can you explain this further? Are you saying that when using a lift on Wooldridge boats, the owner should make a tunnel extension in addition to the plastic splash guard/tunnel extender that is supplied by Outboard Jets Inc.?
    The tunnel extension is not in addition to the plastic splash guard Wooldridge boats supplys on top of the tunnel but to replace that plastic splash guard with one that is 5 1/2 in. longer because the CMC lift move's the motor 5 1/5 in. back away from the tunnel. A outboard jet motor mounted on a lift 5 1/2 in. behind the boat will have more problems with air than a motor mounted direct on the transom, the extension will help keep air out of the jet. Glen