I wanted to let folks know that registration is now open for the Summer 2012 ACC Camp Sessions. This program is shooting sports related. [Moderators, if this post is best suited for elsewhere in the forum please let me know and thank you for helping us spread the word about this great youth program. I may try to post under a few other categories if permissible.] I am hopeful forum viewers here interested in ACC will help spread the word to other interested families. If any individual or outdoor/sportsman's group wishes to sponsor a youth (perhaps from a low income family) to attend camp or wishes to support the program in another way, please feel free to contact me at or by phone at 907-459-7292.
Thanks all and safe hunting and shooting!
-John Wyman, ADF&G
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

The mission of the ADF&G Alaska Conservation Camp is to promote an understanding of Alaska’s natural resources and conservation, and to give youth “hands-on” experience in hunting, fishing, and related outdoor skills.

The Alaska Conservation Camp program is a fun and educational day-camp (with an overnight campout per camp session) which focuses on wildlife conservation, hunting, fishing, shooting and related skills. ACC is modeled after similar programs in other states that have been in operation for decades. ACC is unique in that professionals from ADF&G and other agencies are directly involved in the camp curriculum.

Space in the camps often fills quickly and we typically have a wait list for camp sessions by the time the camp start date gets near. We recommend you register as soon as you can and make sure to pay the camp tuition to confirm a spot. Also, please note that while repeat campers are currently permitted, our priority for registration is for NEW campers (those who have not attended an ACC session before. (This priority does not apply for those who have attended a Basic Camp session that wish to attend an Advanced Camp session!)

Registering your son or daughter? Spread the word to a friend! The camp experience can be even more fun and enjoyable if a good friend of your ACC camper attends the same session!

• Basic Camp Session 1: June 4-18 (Mon-Fri)
    Includes Alaska Basic Hunter Education Course
    Open to youth ages 11-14 - Click here to Register
  • Basic Camp Session 2: June 11-15 (Mon-Fri)
    Includes Alaska Basic Hunter Education Course
    Open to youth ages 11-14 - Click here to Register
  • Advanced Camp (one session only): June 18-22 (Mon-Fri)
    Open to youth ages 12-16 who have attended ACC Basic Camp
    and/or who are enrolled/registered for one of the two Basic Camp
    sessions this summer, and/or who have completed
    AK Basic Hunter Ed - Click here to Register

Camp tuition for each session is $240.00 per camper.

More information is available online at

The Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) conducts the Alaska Conservation Camp program in partnership with the Outdoor Heritage Foundation of Alaska (OHFA) and the Alaska Interior Marksmanship Committee (AIM-COMM), with support from Alaska Friends of the NRA and many other organizations, businesses and individuals.