Thread: Bear Rug on Ceiling

Default Bear Rug on Ceiling

Has anyone hung a bear rug on a vaulted ceiling? Got photos?

I'm running out of wall space, so I'm thinking about putting my bear up there. Just not sure if I'll like it or not. The room has a scissor truss ceiling so it's not really steep. I just hate to go through the trouble and then decide I hate it.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

We have had to hang a Large Aligator rug & a Large Crocadile rug that we did for a guy on the cieing.

It was a pain in the butt.

For one thing the rug shells are heavy & do not want to stay against the cieling very good so you have to put screws right through the rug shell into a stud.

Then the rest of the skin is saggy & hangs down as can be expected.

I think we used a whole box of sheet rock screws on those 2 rugs & said we would never be talked into that again.

Oh ya,because it was going to be hung upside down we also had to put 1/4 inch plywood INSIDE the rug so it would be stable & not rip due to gravity pulling on it.

Like I said, BAD IDEA.

RJ Simington

Milo I am glad you brought this up as I have been wondering the same thing.

I have 2 buddies who have done this. One was on a flat ceiling. It looked good to me. Especially since he didn't have anywhere else to put it. His wife wasn't as fond of it though as she was beneath him holding the ladder as he nailed it up. He dropped the hammer and chipped her front teeth. The other one is on a vaulted ceiling and looks great. My thoughts are, it's better to put it some where in view instead of rolled up in a closet somewhere because you don't have any place else to put it.

The thing to remember with fur on the ceiling is everything in the air ends up there.Smoke,dust, cooking grease vapor and so on.Ceiling fans are often the dirtest place in the house
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I guess I should add a couple of ceiling fans then.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I have an 11 foot alligator rug mount on my ceiling. Did a plywood cut out larger than the shape of the gator. Covered the edges of the plywood with burlap and glued the gator skin to the wood. Mounted it to the ceiling with wood screws. Duckdon

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdon View Post
    I have an 11 foot alligator rug mount on my ceiling. Did a plywood cut out larger than the shape of the gator. Covered the edges of the plywood with burlap and glued the gator skin to the wood. Mounted it to the ceiling with wood screws. Duckdon
    That sounds like the way to go.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!