Thread: Remington 30-06 pump?

Default Remington 30-06 pump?

Just moved up to AK and brought along with me a 308 bolt action and a remington 30-06 pump which is the better gun for up here? I love the the accuracy of my 308 but is the 30-06 better overall because of the bigger punch? any info would be greatly appreciated

It's the same bullet. Sure the 30-06 is a little faster but it you like the accuracy of the 308 better than use it. I doubt the animals would ever know the difference.

The downrange punch is so similar they're practically the same with equal bullets.

The bolt gun is likely more reliable (and by your admission more accurate) than the pump rifle so that's what I'd use. I hunted with a .308 for quite a while up here and probably will again before I'm done.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I wouldn't reach across my gun safe for the difference in effectiveness upon game between the 30/06 and .308 Winchester. Use whichever you prefer with confidence......
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.