Thread: Arctic Cat M7

Default Arctic Cat M7

I started off learning this last year on my 2005 Yamaha mountain viper which served me flawless this past season.

I asked you guys at the beginning of the season last year on your opinion on the Yamaha and you guys gave me a lot good responses, so I went ahead and got it.

So as this season comes to an end I'm selling my sled and looking at getting an Arctic Cat M7 for next year.

So there is an option of carb or efi. Which ones better?
    Also overall what's good? Whats bad?

The M-7 is very nimble and has good power to weight. Fun sled and far superior to the Yamaha. If you get a carbed sled put an ATACC on it.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

i haven't met anyone unhappy with their M7 yet....like any sled how you ride it will dictate what it will do.
    i have a M8 and burned up a mtn this year with my ski's in the air, leavin' only a trench behind me....a little indy lite 503 something or other with a short track and tiny lugs was the next machine up behind me.....dude knew how to ride, he could sidehill that thing back and forth and make it do what he wanted...he'd be devastating on a machine with power just due to the fact he understands how body weight and angles work in the snow...
    i watched erik rip up a hill this march, straigth up on his RMK8, he got down and simply said "that was 90% machine." his was probably the only sled there that could climb it like that (163" and 2.5" lugs...) but other machines topped out on that same hill, just not driving straight at it, you learn how to use a sled and you can go places other sleds can only go on horsepower. you can outride power ( imagine outriding with power )....

learn to ride the M7 and you'll never stop smiling....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

EFI is the only way to go IMHO!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Definitely. I'm never ever going back to carbs on anything once this round of machines I own are all gone (both ATV's and snowmachines)
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem