Thread: Anchor river restrictions this year

Default Anchor river restrictions this year

no wednesdays, marker moved to below the bridge hole.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Charterboat Operator

thanks for the heads up.

thanks for the info thats disappointing

dissapointing that the run is so low in numbers - not dissapointing that the F&G are at least trying to do something about it.

I personally think that they should shut it down for 4 years totally - see what happens. Can't hurt the fish numbers.........

Bigger King salmon restrictions announced today for the Little Su and other Susitna river drainages.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I personally think that they should shut it down for 4 years totally - see what happens. Can't hurt the fish numbers.........
    and close trolling north of 59.40. as of May 1st as well.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    dissapointing that the run is so low in numbers - not dissapointing that the F&G are at least trying to do something about it.

Yup, the only think i'm dissapointed about is it took them this long to shut it down.

Last year the Anchor River missed the escapement goal by 253 fish. Bait was prohibited on June 11 and it was closed to fishing on June 15. The marine closed waters (4 miles) area was also extended through July. In 2010 bait was prohibited June 5 and it went to catch and release on June 12. Marine closed area was also extended into July in 2010.

Overall, the 2011 king salmon runs in Cook Inlet were better than 2010. Hopefully this trend will continue and we'll get out of this period of low productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by aktally View Post
    Last year the Anchor River missed the escapement goal by 253 fish. Bait was prohibited on June 11 and it was closed to fishing on June 15. The marine closed waters (4 miles) area was also extended through July. In 2010 bait was prohibited June 5 and it went to catch and release on June 12. Marine closed area was also extended into July in 2010.

Overall, the 2011 king salmon runs in Cook Inlet were better than 2010. Hopefully this trend will continue and we'll get out of this period of low productivity.
    Don't get me wrong, AK F&G does a better job than anything I saw in Washington or Idaho and they should be commend, after living around the crash of Washington and Oregon stocks and seeing what it took to get them back i'm a bit "sensitive".