Thread: Mercruiser 5.7 parts????

Default Mercruiser 5.7 parts????

I recently purchased a boat with a mercruiser 5.7 tbi and was wondering where i can get marine parts here in anchorage? Im looking at doing basic oil changes, spark plugs, cap and rotor, etc. This is all new to me as this is my first boat. The tune up stuff looks easy as I am an auto tech, just need help finding marine parts. Im not sure if they are the same as normal automotive parts or if they are different. Any help with places here in town would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Suggest W. Marine, Burkshore Marina (Big Lake), Deweys, etc. I know some parts need to be marine only, but some not. Others with more technical knowledge should have info.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Odies Marine is a good source for Mercruiser parts.

thank you everybody, i will defenitly be visiting these places mentioned .

A-1 Props on Dowling (Potter?) also carries Marine tune up and oil change parts, mostly Sierra, they do not have to be Mercruiser brand
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

If you cannot find parts locally, I have got a lot of stuff online, just google search to find the best prices. One thing I learned was the best price wasn't always the cheapest in the end, shipping costs from some dealers is outrageous.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Some marine parts at Napa actually. You can get marine gaskets, filters, plugs, wires and the like. Maybe even a Carb and starter. Ignition parts, Cooling system, exhaust, bell housing and anything to do with the outdrive get it online or at Odies. He has some stuff in stock. Belts and hoses are standard auto part stuff. Professional Marine (A1 prop) has some gaskets and exhaust stuff, and of course impellers and props. Not sure of Deweys. May also try Marita, they have a big parts department, but not sure if it is outboard specific or not. Just got done rebuilding 2 350's from the scraps off of 4 other 350's. It was real fun having 6 350's in my garage. That is not the key to marital bliss. I had help, lots of it and am no master mechanic. I have been to many places in town looking for parts.

I liked Michigan Motorz online for mercruiser stuff. Good online catalogue.

We appear to have the same boat as you down here in Juneau (bayliner ciera express 2000) We just bought it and all the sliding windows need new rubber gasket seals, they have grown moss and accumulated dirt and leak like crazy here in all the rain. Do you know of a place we could order a new set online perhaps or to call? Thanks!

A better place to source and ask Q's specifically might be the bayliner forum here
    http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/
    BK

I don't know about the Anchorage area but here on the Peninsula I found it pays to shop around.
    I dinged a prop going into Halibut Cove lagoon a few years ago and had to put on my spare. Normally I buy all my mercruiser stuff from Marine Services in Homer as they are Alaskas oldest Merc dealer and usually have the best prices and service around with lots of mercruiser parts in stock.
    Well I decided to try the mercruiser shop in Soldotna for the new prop because the Homer shop was closed when I got in. I was told 2 weeks wait and $180.
    Called Marine Services in Homer and they sold me the exact same quicksilver prop for $125 and it was in stock.
    Went back inside the Soldotna shop and found out his cost was $135 so I ended up picking the one up in Homer.
    If you ever need something the Anchorage shops don't have I am sure Marine Services in Homer would send it to you and they keep a decent stock of Mercruiser stuff.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"