Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First bear attack of the season.

Default First bear attack of the season.

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/30/244595...s-charged.html

I'm glad the man and his son are alright. What a story to tell. Out wrestled a Kodiak bear.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Lucky man !

Wonder how old the male was? Lucky indeed
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Over the years I've heard of this happening a few times......well maybe not another bear coming from a den, but there just being a different bear that hadn't been seen till after the shot.

I'm very glad they came away with only minor injuries, god bless for that. But, WOW, did anyone read some of the comments posted in the online article?? How can people live here and be so clueless?

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

pretty good outcome, the guy only got minor injuries and the bear wasn't destroyed. lucky guys could have been worse. i won't get too close to dens after my buddy last year pulled up close to one o the snowmachine and one ran out and bounced up and down a woofed at him at about 10 ft away....besides about crapping his snowpants he was pretty lucky it didnt knock him right off the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I'm very glad they came away with only minor injuries, god bless for that. But, WOW, did anyone read some of the comments posted in the online article??
    Dang it, Stid, not until you mentioned it. You ruined my night. What a couple of dopes. I like the person who thinks bears have 'mates'.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    Dang it, Stid, not until you mentioned it. You ruined my night. What a couple of dopes. I like the person who thinks bears have 'mates'.
    That is the post I was talking about.. He most likely saved her cubs from the male. Watched a boar kill a pair of cubs one spring and fought the sow like you would not believe.
    Founding Member

I'm very glad they came away with only minor injuries, god bless for that. But, WOW, did anyone read some of the comments posted in the online article?? How can people live here and be so clueless? Steve
    Very happy the folks came away without serious injury...lucky and blessed to have got out so easy.

I did cruise through the comments now that you mention it... wow, talk about a Disneylike view of wildlife and I'm not convinced bears subscribe to Karma theory either.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I simply fail to understand the mind set that cherishes wildlife,, but is happy and finds joy in human suffering.
    Founding Member

The only thing more worthless than posting stupid comments in response to online news stories, is wasting time reading those who do.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    The only thing more worthless than posting stupid comments in response to online news stories, is wasting time reading those who do.
    I don't disagree, but have about 8 hours to kill waiting on a plane..

What a contrast in the comments posted in the Fairbanks News Miner story.. I know why I live in Fairbanks after reading both.

http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_s...dow_left_top_2
    Founding Member

I don't disagree, but have about 8 hours to kill waiting on a plane..
    8 hours is enough time to have two quality meals and a meaningful affair.... Why waste it reading screwball comments in the ADN?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

8 hours is enough time to have two meals and a meaningful affair.... Why waste it reading screwball comments in the ADN?

Well I had dinner before I got here and I think the WIFE may take exception on the entertainment part, I am in Bogota and you know what happened to the last Americans that got caught filling in some time they had on their hands...
    Founding Member

8 hours is enough time to have two quality meals and a meaningful affair.... Why waste it reading screwball comments in the ADN?
    Now that is time well spent!

Well I had dinner before I got here and I think the WIFE may take exception on the entertainment part, I am in Bogota and you know what happened to the last Americans that got caught filling in some time they had on their hands...
    With whom better to share an affair than with ones wife? Did you not bring her to Bogota...? Safe travels Steve.
    #Resist

I am in Bogota and you know what happened to the last Americans that got caught filling in some time they had on their hands...
    Yeah that did not go over so well.

That man knows how to travel first class.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

I think I would rather have two quality affairs with the wifey and one quality meal in between - eating is over rated!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

At my age so are affairs
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast