Thread: Gun Cases for extra long guns

Default Gun Cases for extra long guns

I have a rifle with a 30" barrel, it is 53.5" long with the brake and I can't find a hard case that will fit it. If anyone knows of one that will fit it I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Bo
    "No battle plan ever survives first contact with the enemy" - Unknown
    Literal Translation:
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

These folks have a couple of Plano that should work.Look for shotgun/black powder cases
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/plano-mo...els-46553.html
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I have one of these,, it will hold several rifles plus other gear to make 50lbs. Does not look like a rifle case and is nice because you place your rifles inside in the soft case. Have used it to travel all over with one issues. It is an inch or so shorter than your rifle, but I think it would fit at an angle or put loosing the top straps and using a cable to lock it.

Does the brake not screw off???

http://www.nalpak.com/Tuffpak-1050-G...arch_id=448999
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

The brake does screw off but I don't have a thread protector cap and I don't want to risk losing it or have to deal with taking it on and off if I don't have to. That's why I am looking for a case that will fit. I have a couple that will work if I take the brake off but I am trying to avoid having to do that. Thank you both for the replies.
    Literal Translation:

The folks are Americase will make anything you want. Americase offers rock solid Welded Aluminum cases for firearms and/or other types of gear. Beyond the quality of their product the benevolence and ethics the Americase company has shown over the past years has been outstanding toward the hunting community. Americase is a regular donor/contributor to my Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. In fact I just spoke with Mars at Americase two weeks ago and again this year, despite the tough economic times, Americase is donating a double gun aluminum case for my local chapter fund raiser banquet. This kind of loyalty from an American company needs to be recognized and supported. Here is Mars' contact information:

Mars Freudenberg
    Sales Manager
    Americase, Inc
    mars@americase.com
    972-937-3629 Main Office
    469-517-1708 Direct Line

If you do call, please say "Hello" to him with well wishes from the Rocky Moutain Elk Foundation.
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

I've been using an SKB for my Sharps (30 inch barrel) for several years and it works well. I purchased the double gun model and am completely satisfied. Jim

Bo,

I got my gun case from Famars USA. Here is a link to one that will work for you because it can hold up to a 31" barrel. http://www.famarsusa.com/Leather-Tri...ase_p_233.html

Good Luck!

KS

Thanks for the input. I took Ex1811's advice and bid on a Americase on ebay that he pointed out. The case arrived yesterday. Seems to be extremely well build all the locks are solid on all the hasps and has an additional combination lock at the handle. The foam padding is thick and perfectly fitted to the case. The straps to hold the rifle down are very solid. It is a double gun case but I doubt I will use it for two guns, however it will work very nicely for packing the rest of my optics and breakable stuff in and keeping all together.
    Literal Translation: