Thread: Rock guards for surface drive?

Default Rock guards for surface drive?

I noticed that Oyster has added a rock guard made of 2 pieces of stainless to the bottom of his Mud Buddy. Do the others running surface drives add some sort of rock guard?

As usual, oyster is thinking at least one move ahead of most of us. That's the right idea.

I'll have one on my MBMini23 by the time the rig hits the water, this spring. Only hit one rock with the prop, last fall, with no damage. However, there's no reason to take a chance, since the cure is inexpensive and simple. I believe I saw a rock guard on kandik's HB/MBMini18. They seem like a real no-brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    As usual, oyster is thinking at least one move ahead of most of us. That's the right idea.

I'll have one on my MBMini23 by the time the rig hits the water, this spring. Only hit one rock with the prop, last fall, with no damage. However, there's no reason to take a chance, since the cure is inexpensive and simple. I believe I saw a rock guard on kandik's HB/MBMini18. They seem like a real no-brainer to me.
    rick,
    i don't know if you have your rock guards yet, if not i have extra 1/4" x 2" stainless steel flat bar you are more than welcome to.
    Last edited by no longer here; 04-30-2012 at 00:05. Reason: stainless steel