Thread: Shipping price for boats

Default Shipping price for boats

I was wondering what the price to ship a 20ft boat and trailer would be from Seattle to anchorage on a barge? If u guys have any idea it would be helpful or if u know who to get ahold of to find out. It may be more cost affective to just drive down and get it? Any info would be a helpful thank u

you'll need to call or e-mail them & get a rate. need your overall length, width & height....i got the best rate from alaska logistics fyi for a 25' parker on a trailer.....fuel surcharges are high right now. i think they have a barge leaving may 15. good luck

I am sure this question gets asked often. I just asked about a 19 days ago and some members gave me some great options. After hours and hours of research I found Alaska logistic to have the best rates. The downfall is you will need to haul it from Seward to home. Here is a link to my topic where there are multiple phone numbers listed.
    Good Luck

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ipped-Up-to-AK

The last load of freight i received had a 31% fuel surcharge on it so expect a good hit with the barge!!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

If you can get to the nearest ferry terminal to pick it up, that is easily the cheapest way to go. You pay 50 bucks more for an unaccompanied vehicle like that, but from Bellingham to Juneau, my 22 footer was 1800 on the ferry vs 3900 on the barge. I talked the dealer into towing it from lower Oregon to Tacoma, then I got a boat towing company to take it and put it on the ferry in Bellingham. That was about 600 (traffic cost me more than 100 bucks while he went through stop and go interstate traffic).

And no fuel surcharge.....

gotta put a plug in for Northland!
    and if you get me the dims, mostly need the overall length (from tongue of trailer to end of motor) I can check on a price. shoot me a PM or something if you'd rather go that route. some times I can work on the sales guys also to see if they will match the rates from "the other guys."
    we also go to Fairbanks if you don't want to drive all the way down here.