Thread: CFI in the Valley...

Default CFI in the Valley...

Anyone know any good CFIs in the Valley area, pref Wasilla?

Thanks for your time!

Jay Baldwin in Palmer
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I know a great CFI in Big Lake. He is a CFII and can teach SEL, MEL, SES, MES, and Tailwheel. I think he gets back in state sometime this week. If you want his info, just PM me.

Another vote for Jay Baldwin. He is absolutely outstanding.

If you are looking for off-airport training I would also vote for Jay Baldwin, but he doesn't work cheap. If you are mainly interested in airport to airport then Jay would be overkill.
    Patrick

Jay Baldwin -couldn't begin to say enough about him As a person AND as an instructor!

Scottie.

I've flown with Jay and he's nearbouts the best per off strip flying and is really into safety. Not gear but flying safety. He actually showed me what the moose stall was. Even with the Sportsman STOL, you bank, pull back till ya loose lift and its down bro. He showed me that and I was amazed bec the 180 with the sportsman STOL wont stall in straight and level flight. It just mushes along so to speak. We'd never flown together and he did that off the get go. He's no frilles in your face flying and ya better be ready for it. He's abt $100/hr and ifn your doing exclusively gravel bar stuff & off airport landings, he's the man. He's really a die hard cub man.

I also have flown with Jamie Hastings. He's a Penn Air Pilot and he's the guy for your training and emergency stuff. A great guy and honest as the day is long. A lot cheaper also. His no is C- 306-7024. Ya gotta be flexible per timing etc. since he's doing the commercial gig like Jay is.

On an aside, another pilot that owns and flies cubs and a 180 is an old old guy in Soldotna named Ed Saltz. He's been flying both for abt 60-yrs and even in his mid 80s he's prob one of the best 180 pilots I have flown with. He's a hoot too. Ha!.

Hope it works out for ya.

Regards,

RR