Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cutting Boards?

  1. #1
    Member ramhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    699

    Default Cutting Boards?

    I need to make a cutting board, where can I find in Anchorage or the Valley a large sheets of plastic like UHMW,Teflon, King Starboard, King Starlite etc? maybe Alaska Rubber?

    THX for any and all help!...Dave

  2. #2
    Member spoiled one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Image Plastics should be able to take care of you. You might even be able to pick up a remnant.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

  3. #3
    Sponsor potbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    cac plastics in wasilla has rem pieces.

    Alaska Shrimp Pots

    Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    5 Minutes from Bings Landing
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramhunter View Post
    I need to make a cutting board, where can I find in Anchorage or the Valley a large sheets of plastic like UHMW,Teflon, King Starboard, King Starlite etc? maybe Alaska Rubber?

    THX for any and all help!...Dave
    Check out Alaska rubber, best is to stop by and ask to check out the rems in the back warehouse, you will get a better deal than cutting your piece from a sheet. It is textured UHMW and works real well for cutting board.

  5. #5
    Member ramhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Thx guys, I'll check out those places!.....

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    5 Minutes from Bings Landing
    Posts
    426

    Default

    We just put out a ton of rem pieces here @ Alaska Rubber, they are right next to the front counter, get em while you can!

  7. #7
    Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Old Harbor, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    We just put out a ton of rem pieces here @ Alaska Rubber, they are right next to the front counter, get em while you can!
    Dang wish I was in the city!
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

  8. #8
    Member DRIFTER_016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Posts
    3,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    Check out Alaska rubber, best is to stop by and ask to check out the rems in the back warehouse, you will get a better deal than cutting your piece from a sheet. It is textured UHMW and works real well for cutting board.

    They had a good selection of off cuts when I was there last.
    Decent pricing too.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Look up a custom counter top installer, I got a solid surface lid made for my half tote cheaper then the cost of a new lid. An installer will have the cutout from sinks, and other leftovers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •