Thread: Taylor Hwy Grizzly

Default Taylor Hwy Grizzly

Thinking about heading up the Taylor in the next couple weeks and poke around and try to find a Grizzly. Has anyone ever been up that way willing to share?? I'm sure I might be able to provide info on areas I know in exchange. I harvested a Bear on Kodiak this fall so I'm limited to the 2 bear a year areas. I have taken a couple in 20e, but both were fly ins and in the fall.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Steve, had some friends up on Wed/Thurs. Still lots of snow, but bears are slowly popping out. Areas around Fairplay and then up by Boundary are good places to glass and give you areas where you can glass from.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Steve, had some friends up on Wed/Thurs. Still lots of snow, but bears are slowly popping out. Areas around Fairplay and then up by Boundary are good places to glass and give you areas where you can glass from.
    Thanks Northway,, system says I can't rep ya, but I will when I can. Was planning on around the middle of the month so things should only get better. The moose and caribou should be about to drop by then and things should start to heat up.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Give me a heads up when you decide to. Will have my baits up and running pretty good by then so if you have time we could sit on a stand for an evening. I'll have some more intel by then also about where bears have been spotted, so send me a pm when it gets closer. I know there have been bears out right around the chicken area, but it is heavily forested, so would be kind of just luck to spot them in that area.