Thread: skilak lake ice and bank snow status

Default skilak lake ice and bank snow status

hey guys. looking for recent status update on skilak lake ice and how much if any snow is on the bank. Is there enough water to motor around the edge of the lake? thanks
    NRA life Member JVJ

I too am interested in knowing, just bought a predator two months ago an will be towing it up to Kenai lake or Skilak next week! There better be something open!

well since no one seems to know, i fly home monday at noon and ill sneak a peek! let all 66 viewers know!

Last saturday we were able to walk across parts of it in the morning, but quickly switched to walking on the shore. There were a few fellas in front of us pushing boats that kept falling in and clinging to their boats. There was no snow on the shores, but the ice did go up to the shore, might be different now though. The ice was definitely rotten when we walked back in the evening. Kenai lake to Jims is open

The edges are thawed, but the wind keeps closing the gaps.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

just got back from lower skilak today, ice is still up to the bank but def rotton. there are some clear parts, someone tried to launch a drifter with a motor and made it from the boat ramp to about in front of the first campsite and couldnt push through. only boat i saw was a two man inlfable canoe that they dragged about halfway down the bank till they found an opening they could paddle through. fishing is really really really really slow. had only a couple bites all day yesterday.