Thread: Butte Lake Denali Hwy question.

Default Butte Lake Denali Hwy question.

Looking for information on Butte Lake, my Son and a friend of his are coming up the first week of July and want to take 4 wheelers in to the lake and fish it.
    How is the trail in to the lake, what should I expect bug wise and anything I should be aware of?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

well i have never fished that area so as far as trails are concerned i cant help you as far as bugs are concerned be ready for the big three, Mosquitos, White sox and no-seeums. Also horse flies and bees/hornets. use off brand with deet worked great for me all last summer working on the situk in Southeast Ak.

Bugs and swamp. There are small lakers in there however the trail is wet/muddy...bring recovery gear. If you have a small inflatable with small motor you can up your chances there with the fishing. Glacier lake has better laker fishing and some decent grayling fishing....but you need a boat for the lakers. IIRC, it`s about 4 miles to Butte.

I have an Aire Traveler canoe I planned on bringing. I will research glacier lake.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2