Thread: Rimfire handgun scope?

Question Rimfire handgun scope?

I'm thinking about putting a scope on my Ruger MkIII Hunter - anyone have any suggestions? The setup would mostly be used for ringing the 50-yd. plates at the range and bearing down on the occasional fool hen or ptarmigan. Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a nikon monarch UCC fixed 2x that I really really like. Its mounted on my smith 41 and has accounted for quite a bit of ptarmigan and rabbit.

The other scope I have is a bushnell 2-6. Great field of view with this one and the optic clarity is very good. I have it mounted on my 454 redhawk. So far its holding up nicely. And according to a lot of peoples testimony over at specialty pistols, I should expect no problems from this scope.

Mark

I have a Burris 2X handgun scope on a Ruger 22/45. I carry it in a Bianchi bandolier holster while snowmobiling for ptarmigan.

Works good. I find it just about as accurate as an unscoped 22 rifle, but it's easy to bring to bear while on a snowmobile, and it leaves the rifle scabbard for the 300 WinMag or 243.

I bought a box of every brand of 22 ammo available in Anchorage, including target brands costing $5 for a box of 50 rounds (Aglia I think?). I tried each brand at the range in each of my 22s; an unscoped Remington Nylon 66, an unscoped lever action Browning, the scoped Ruger 22/45, and a Smith and Wesson Airlite 317.

Amazingly, the Remington Viper ammo shot most accurately in all 4 firearms!

That was a wonderful surprise. I bought a case of the stuff..........

I have a Leupold 2x on my ruger mark 2 and love it. By far the straightest shooting gun I own.

Default scope

have a Burris 2 to 7 on a S&W 29 [44 mag] with a 10 inch barral ,Redfield mount's it is a great gun to play with an take a few rabbits great gun