Thread: Black Bear

Default Black Bear

What are the weather conditions at Hope, AK specifically the road condition on Resurrection Creek and Palmer Creek Road? I'm trying to save myself a trip down there, or shall I just head North.

Any suggestions

Default palmer creek rd.

They usually do not open the Palmer Creek Rd. gate until around June 1st. I have rode my bike up to the glassing areas with rifle in tow in May before...(5-6 miles up-hill)! Road was mostly clear of snow around the 2nd-3rd week of May. If you are baiting, you'll have to go up there a ways to get a mile from the nearest dwelling. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Well, can I take a 4 wheeler down that road or is that gate blocking all motor vehicles?

I'm sure you could get around the gate, but if I'm not mistaken, they do not allow off-road vehicles up there. I dont know how much snow is on the ground in Hope, but I think you can ride a wheeler up Bear Creek Rd.

Both those roads (Palmer and Bear) are closed to ATV's and Palmer is closed to baiting as its in the Res Creek closed area.

Thanks for the correction Steve. I've never baited that area and should have checked before replying to Keenhunters question.