Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Report Spring Time on Hard Luck 04/21/2012

Default Video Report Spring Time on Hard Luck 04/21/2012

Not ashamed to post the adventure we had at a 4000+ acre lake ADF&G stocked:

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...53c90338cdc8bc

Do not click the link above if you do not want to see 2 guys having a fun time ice fishing at Hard Luck and celebrating the day. As always, all the fish were only on the surface for a short time and released back to the depths. Be responsible and use selective harvest practices in all your angling endeavours.

Comments always welcome, good, bad, and the ugly. Enjoy
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

That's awesome, how much longer do you think the ice will hold out for fishing???
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Nice video man, some good sized fish!

I think this is the last week, my buddy said it looked like standing water in places, dark and scary to him, that was yesterday when he checked it. BE CAREFULL! if you venture out, I was thinking about this weekend??

I won't be back in the Banks until Wed. Might have to get my boat out and get my troll on.

Thanks
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Great vid. Truley amazing fish you guys caught that day!

Wow. Wow. A spring day and magnificent fish caught and released. Very nice. Do you guys catch many burbot out of Harding? I caught a monster out of there last winter as well as a few char and a dandy pike.

I didn't watch your video but are comments really welcome or only if they praise what a skillful angler you are?

Quote Originally Posted by 8weight View Post
    I didn't watch your video but are comments really welcome or only if they praise what a skillful angler you are?

Of course ALL comments are welcome. I do not moderate the forums here and I do not report users who use the forums with a difference of opinion.

I am not really that full of myself. I enjoy recording my angling adventures and sharing them with others. Not everyone can recognize or understand the intent, including PETA. As the disclaimer I wrote says...no one has to watch the video, and no one has to post on this forum, and no one certainly does not need to "praise" me.

I am always looking for ways to improve my Mise-en-scène and editing.

"In time you will call *me* master." -Darth Vader

(the above is my attempt at sarcasm)

Jedi, cool video as always. What a good day of fishing. I've never got into icefishing, but pulling up a lunker on that ice rod must be pretty exhilarating. I for one enjoy your videos and reports. And belive it or not, I never have fished Harding.

Ed

Outstanding day of fishing indeed. The hardwater was on fire!! You will have to get a new reel for next year as I am sure this epic day wore out the drag on your current reel.

You know, the purpose of this Outdoors Directory is to provide the best, most current information on the Alaska outdoors as is stated on the their home page. You certainly strive to do that through your videos and photos. Keep the vids and pics coming as we all enjoy them.

After 4hours to download, I must say Awesome video! Great POV shots as well, I might have to pick up a GOPRO before my trip now, thanks! It looked like such a nice day out.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    After 4hours to download, I must say Awesome video! Great POV shots as well, I might have to pick up a GOPRO before my trip now, thanks! It looked like such a nice day out.

Fish On!
    4 hours??!!??!!
    Where do you live in a cave??
    Do you download using a piece of string and 2 soup tins??

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    4 hours??!!??!!
    Where do you live in a cave??
    Do you download using a piece of string and 2 soup tins??
    HAHA.. YES! Kotzebue internet speeds are awesome! Sometimes its good, most of the time it isn't.
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Great video! It looked very thought out and the editing turned out great. A quick question, is there any small fish in Harding? Seems like you guys never catch anything under 24" Or is that a result of just where you fish on the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    A quick question, is there any small fish in Harding? Seems like you guys never catch anything under 24" Or is that a result of just where you fish on the lake?

Random luck I say. I have a few caught fish 20 inches and less. Most days I get a doughnut. We do have favorite/confident areas we fish, however most of the time its a random call of "right here" sometimes we even argue about it, as we dont like to move around a lot in the cold. Set up and tear down to move takes time without your lure in the water.

I believe there are smaller sized arctic char in the lake, but maybe has to do our choice of lure size? Maybe location/depth? Not sure how many of the recently stocked char of the last 5 years or so have survived or the growth rate (pretty sure its slow). I think the stocked fish (about 7000 sterile char) averaged less than 2 oz, additionally with the size of all the others released not very big to begin with. I am sure all those fish kinda small still? Check out the stocking report on ADF&G.

The lake trout have not been stocked for years. I believe the smaller lakers (19 inches) are from natural reproduction.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    HAHA.. YES! Kotzebue internet speeds are awesome! Sometimes its good, most of the time it isn't.
    Ahh, got it Chris.
    Bush inet sucks!!!! I know as I have 4 learning centers in the bush here in the NWT and trying to connect to the computers there to do updates and such is painful.

friday last day out for me and landed a 21 inch char smallest fish for me on lake.more than likely its hook and bait size that keeps little guys away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Laker Hunter View Post
    friday last day out for me and landed a 21 inch char smallest fish for me on lake.more than likely its hook and bait size that keeps little guys away.
    Sweet, looks like you got the last one on the hardwater this season? I tried on Saturday and decided not to attempt venturing out. The guys I was with only had boots and jeans on. Looked very soft for about 50 yards. Going to bag any further attempts for this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast