Thread: Little Su with a lift?

Default Little Su with a lift?

Has anybody run a freighter with a lifted outboard up the Little Su from Burma landing? I know it's mostly jet boats upstream from the landing, shallow water and tough on props. I'm trying to decide between surface drive and lifted outboard to put on an old 20' freighter canoe and I'd like to be able to run it on the Little Su for camping and fishing.

I did it usually only made it a mile or two. Ate a lot of props and only doable when water was high through June picking water. If you pulled boat through shallows you could run higher. Small jet or surface drive would be the best bet but Little Su is dangerous with boat
    traffic need to be able to hear when boats are coming to avoid problems.

thumbs up

I've done it during silver season. A prop protector and a lift on my older 17.5 ft. discovery. I actually made it about 3-4 miles upriver to a little honey hole. Was no problem sharing the river with other boaters. There were a couple of spots that required dragging, but nothing too serious. I really miss those boats (I had two of them), but now I have an Esquif Cargo for my smaller canoe.

You can see the lift here:

Attached Images Attached Images

I've done it several times during silver season with a coleman sq stern and a 2 hp evenrude without a lift as far as the fish wier. There is one spot where I have to get out and pull it a few feet. The first couple of trips it took 4 or 5 shear pins but after learning the river I could usually make it breaking one or none.

A Pic, of my late canoe with lift 8 HP Yamaha Little Sue below put in Silver season
    Attached Images Attached Images