Thread: Such a good feeling, just made that final payment!

Default Such a good feeling, just made that final payment!

Gotta love having a boat that's all paid off. I asked my dad for years when he was going to upgrade his boat, but he said he really likes the payment on his... $0. Now I know what he means. I plan to hang on to this boat, but I've been tempted for years to get an airboat. Might be time to increase the fleet!

Gotta love knowing you own it! I think about bigger boats all the time but am proud that I have something that will get me where I want to be when so many don`t. Congrats.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

I paid mine off a few weeks ago also. Great feeling!

As did I. And ya buddy!!! Its an awesome feeling knowing that nobody can take it back or away... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    I plan to hang on to this boat, but I've been tempted for years to get an airboat. Might be time to increase the fleet!
    "Don't Do It,..."

Just a tip,....One boat at a time MAX,...unless you're making money with 'em,...
    Only guys I've seen do well with a Fleet, hard driving comm guys...
    and then they have All Those Employees,...who don't care about the boat like you do,....don't do it !!!!

I know it's tempting,..but having one that's paid off, will still cost you enough,... upgrades and trickin' out never end

well, I guess I should admit I have about six,... recreational types,...
    but they're basic hulls, technically not "upgradeable,"...much anyway
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I am now officially boatless
    It was bought by a nice couple in ER last night.

But now the wife (meaning she is telling me to do it.) is hunting for a LARGER replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    I am now officially boatless
    It was bought by a nice couple in ER last night.

But now the wife (meaning she is telling me to do it.) is hunting for a LARGER replacement.
    Good luck in the search and let us know if we can help. It's almost as much fun watching other guys buy new boats as it is when you buy your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Gotta love having a boat that's all paid off. I asked my dad for years when he was going to upgrade his boat, but he said he really likes the payment on his... $0. Now I know what he means. I plan to hang on to this boat, but I've been tempted for years to get an airboat. Might be time to increase the fleet!

Congrats.... I made the mistake of taking a ride in Skips old Airboat last fall with the new owner. I too now want an airboat now, ice breaking, driving through the spruce, all from a heated cab. Yep next on the list, might be single after, but will have a nice boat to live on.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I was thinking a smaller airboat, like in the 14-15 foot range, but nicely powered. I'd rather not beat up my Predator on the Ivishak, and I could probably find a few uses for it on the Tanana Flats. I'd still need the Predator for the family outings on the Chena and Tanana, the Chitina dipnetting and most of my moose hunting. The other tempting toy is an Argo. I could have a lot of fun with that if I could haul it out in my boat.

Congrats to all you guys that just paid yours off too, and good luck on the boat search Alaskanmutt!

Yeah, I forgot to say, "Congrats to you guys also,....Really is a great place to be."

Paid cash for my current "project," knowing it would take quite a bit more to do it right, which was okay

Spent ALL my extra $$ on it, this winter, customizing, etc.

But I own it outright, can really relate to how great that is,.....I just have a hard time not continually thinking of upgrades,...
    to the current vessel,....never enough?,...or always just enough,...??
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Mines paid for but I want to repower it now.