Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ninilchik & Anchor Point Tractor Launch

Default Ninilchik & Anchor Point Tractor Launch

Does anyone know the first day they'll be launching from the beach in either Ninilchik or Anchor Point?
    thanks in advance,
    MW
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Quote Originally Posted by markw3 View Post
    Does anyone know the first day they'll be launching from the beach in either Ninilchik or Anchor Point?
    thanks in advance,
    MW
    I know Anchor Pt. is April 28th. Here's a link to their website: http://www.anchorpointenterprises.com/. I don't know about Ninilchik.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Any idea on what they will be charging this year? I did not see it on the website

I believe they usually charge $60 hopefully it will be the same, on another note I plan on taking my zodiac down that way and launching it myself, what is the best place to do that? I have been searching on here but what location do you guys prefer for launching in the river mouth or beach? Deep creek, Anchor point, or Ninilchick?

$65 a pop or $60 if you pre-purchase 10 launches (although their website actually reads that the whole 10 launch punch card only costs $60, but I'm sure that's an error). Got the info here:

http://anchorriverenterprises.com./services

Quote Originally Posted by border collies View Post
    $65 a pop or $60 if you pre-purchase 10 launches (although their website actually reads that the whole 10 launch punch card only costs $60, but I'm sure that's an error). Got the info here:

http://anchorriverenterprises.com./services

man thats highway robbery..

Shh, don't let the people on Whittier hear!

I promise to no longer complain about Whittier launch and parking fees.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    I believe they usually charge $60 hopefully it will be the same, on another note I plan on taking my zodiac down that way and launching it myself, what is the best place to do that? I have been searching on here but what location do you guys prefer for launching in the river mouth or beach? Deep creek, Anchor point, or Ninilchick?
    I launch my 18' Bayrunner either in the Anchor river or off the beach there. If I launch in the river, unless I want to stay out 12 hours, then it means I will have to pull out on the beach, as it's almost impossible to get back up the river at low tide. Usually right at the mouth of the Anchor is where I will either launch or pull out. Good gravel there....

It costs nearly 60 bucks to run from homer to Anchor Point. (depending on boat/motor combo) I'll pay to be fishing quicker and less wear on boat and wife.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I launch my 18' Bayrunner either in the Anchor river or off the beach there. If I launch in the river, unless I want to stay out 12 hours, then it means I will have to pull out on the beach, as it's almost impossible to get back up the river at low tide. Usually right at the mouth of the Anchor is where I will either launch or pull out. Good gravel there....
    Yeah, if you launch on a big tidal swing day you definitely won't be able to get back in the river. I made that mistake once. So if you are out there and the wind starts blowing up some big wind waves you are stuck trying to get your boat on to the beach. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TYBSP View Post
    It costs nearly 60 bucks to run from homer to Anchor Point. (depending on boat/motor combo) I'll pay to be fishing quicker and less wear on boat and wife.
    It's worth it just to be able to sit in your boat as they deposit you into the water, be fishing about 5 minutes later, and then have them scoop you up at the end of the day and drop you in the parking lot.

And if the water is at all choppy that run up to Anchor from Homer and back can be really horrible. It took me over 2 hours once when the wind started blowing up some nasty wind waves.

Kev.........It completely depends on where u want to fish. All 3 of those beaches are equal as far as getting launched from. Right now the Ninilchik boat launch (in the river above the harbor) is a mess due to winter flooding. I usually dont use it anyhow, as I usually launch from the beach there. There is also a nice launch in the Dp crk river. Again, I usually just use the beach unless the tide makes the launch(s) available. I havent heard yet when Dp crk launch will open. No movement there yet, but it only takes him 3 days to make ready.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Awesome, thanks guys. I have been wanting to try taking her out down there for awhile as I usually go to Seward but I jus worry about getting my truck stuck or getting stuck in crappy waters while not being able to get back to the trailer. I guess I will just have to try.

Kev.......what size boat,trailer and vehicle do u have? And also, there is almost always help on the beach around dp crk or ninny during the season, if needed.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

$65 to put you and your boat in and out. $500 to pull your stuck truck out if they have time before the tide eats it and $65 then pull your boat out!!! I'll pay the $65 and my truck will stay on the assfault

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    Kev.......what size boat,trailer and vehicle do u have? And also, there is almost always help on the beach around dp crk or ninny during the season, if needed.
    Just a 15' zodiac but I carry it on a 2 place snow machine trailer. No disrespect to the tractor launch people but I'm not paying $65 to launch my boat... I have heard of a ton of people that launch themselves so I thought I'd ask specifics. If I do not feel 100% confident in doing so I'll just go back to Seward where launching is safe and free of charges.

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    Have you seen the incredible amount of rust on their launch tractors? That doesn't sound like so much to me.

Just a 15' zodiac but I carry it on a 2 place snow machine trailer. No disrespect to the tractor launch people but I'm not paying $65 to launch my boat... I have heard of a ton of people that launch themselves so I thought I'd ask specifics. If I do not feel 100% confident in doing so I'll just go back to Seward where launching is safe and free of charges.
    That kind of changes things with a Zodiak. For bigger, non inflatable boats, getting off the water can be a significant consideration because of how fast the water can turn bad and how dangerous the surf can become. I've seen boats flipped in the surf or swamped as soon as the bow hits the sand.

With a smaller inflatable, and if your with your buddies not wife and kids, you can drag it up the beach fairly quickly. Just remember anchor point does have a lot of rocks. Whiskey Gulch has a lot less rocks and is only a few miles north if you were to need to drag it.

We all launched off the beach before Johnny Supple started the tractors in DC. Its a good rule of thumb to pull out of the water on an outgoing tide also. That way if you bury your truck you have more time to get it out before the tide gets it. When you launch and when pulling out, find a running creek to do so. More rocks, less sand = less sink on beach.

You might consider whiskey gulch to launch from anyway. Road maintenance crew just spent some time on the access road a few days ago so the road is decent. Your boat isn't too heavy so it should be a breeze. There is a small creek right at the bottom of the access road to launch in so more rocks, less sand. Your within sight of anchor river and a great camping spot.

The road is about mile 152

Charterboat Operator

kind of doubt that Ap will be open on the 28th, even though the web site says so. The launch at this point is UN-USABLE! park service came in last fall and re-did the parking lot to "improve" things.. it is real "purdy" but you can not launch a boat from it!! they are attempting to get the permits thru to put a new ramp in before the season starts, but it is going to be close. My fingers are crossed that they can get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    Supply and demand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast