Thread: Winter killed deer on Montague

Default Winter killed deer on Montague

I'm guessing the huge snow amounts on Montague (and other islands) did some pretty severe damage to the deer population over the winter. Maybe an EO in the making for this fall?

Hopefully if anything just a reduced bag limit. although 5 is great by me, I know thanksgiving year last year it was pretty easy to limit out in a day or two depending on what you were wanting to put your tag on. I bet after the first of the year the deer didnt go more than 100 yards off the beach

We still have lots of snow up higher but the deer are down now and look great.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I'm curious myself. Any idea on when F&G gets some info on the winterkill stuff? I'd be bummed if a bunch died, but hopefully not.

I'll report back on Monday heading out to due sum shrimping this weekend and look for a bear getting some sun on the beach
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Found a winter kill on Esther last weekend, no bears on it yet...