Thread: she got accepted !!

Default she got accepted !!

I know this might not be the right section but most friends that know me form the forum can remember me talking about the plans to try to get moved to alaska for the past couple years. The clock is now ticking!! MY wife got her acceptence letter for grad school to become a nurse practitioner. She has two year and when she graduated she will be applying for any and all jobs in alaska!!!! Her First application will be with the VA. As a former 8 year Marine herself,she want to help vets. I'm so proud of her and this cements us financially for the move and being able to get a moving package in the deal. We have way to much junk

I CANT WAIT!!!!!

Semper Fi and God Bless

Best wishes tboehm, and a very worthy desire for your wife - best of luck to you both in the process....!

Oh, if you have any "junky" guns in your way you may send them to ME!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Sounds like a good excuse to make a few trips to Alaska. Sorta like doing some recon!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Semper Fi,congrats.The VA will probably be the lowest paying of places for her to work up here so check around good.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I don't know for sure if it is still valid, or if it ever was, but I had heard a few years ago that nurses were in such demand that if you contract with one of the village/hub hospitals, the will pay you back for your tuition as part of the deal. Might take a look at that. Bud
    Wasilla

They will also move you lock, stock, and barrel for a contracted amount of years. A friend was moved from Kansas to Bethel. The only bad thing about it according to her was Bethel. I can put you in contact with her if you wish. She works with me in the Soldotna hospital. Semper Fi.

Congratulations to you both!!!
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Anchorage VA doesn't hire new grad nurse practitioners, the only exception to that is if she has been working as a nurse within the VA system prior to going to grad school. I don't know exactly how much nurse practitioners in the VA system in Anchorage make, but RNs do very well compared to the private sector here in town.

tboehm,

So what are you going to do with the moose mount and cabin when you move up here?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle50 View Post
    tboehm,

So what are you going to do with the moose mount and cabin when you move up here?

Randy
    The moose will travel from anchorage to NC this coming fall and then back to anchorage in 2 years. I didn't build a cabin but an addition onto the house. I did all of the work so I won't loose any money on it. Hopefully i will have gained some sweat equity.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Awesome! I look forward to calling you "neighbor".

Congrats! Can't wait to share a campfire and some stories!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Thanks for all of the replies... It's hard to keep our excitement in check and the realization that this will finally happen. Odds are that we will wind up in the anchorage area. I look forward to meeting many of the members and attending a bash in the fall of 2014. It won't come soon enough. I heard that the VA is, or had opened a new clinic in wasilla which would be preferred but will have to wait and see what job offers come her way.
    Semper Fi and God Bless