Thread: Water levels

Default Water levels

With our record snow, any thoughts on how the water levels will look in the Jim, Mud, Swan area? If it is not up this year compared to the last few, I think it would be a bad sign for the future.

PCnAK

If the one major stream that used to dump into the Swan complex has not re routed back into the upper end due to flooding and rechanneling, then it will be the same old same old. Maybe good access for salmon in August, but by duck season it will be back down to mud and weeds.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think, in the past few years at least, the Jim "Lakes" are always low in the early season. Best water depths are in late June through mid September and then start to back go down leaving all that area to shallow to run except with fan and mud boats. Duckdon

I rode jim creek and was on all the lakes Thursday. Water was very very low, but sure it will come up with the snow melt next month. The matanuska also looked low from the palmer bridge. Did see 6 moose that day, more then I've ever seen back there. Don't tell anybody. Bud
    Wasilla