Thread: Ever been Hog Huntin' with your girlfriend!?

Default Ever been Hog Huntin' with your girlfriend!?

This could ONLY happen in Florida. Sorry guys, I know this may not be the right forum area, and there is no hog hunting in Alaska =( but had to post this link anyway; it's hilarious.

Florida Man Mistakes Girlfriend for Hog, Shoots Her.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...211904311.html

I swear, it wasn't me. I was in Anchorage at the time.

I'm certainly glad the reporter clarified the article by saying the mistake made by the hunter was not due to the girlfriends appearance.

Nope, never been hog hunting with my girlfriend but took one to a dog fight before.......she was fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    This could ONLY happen in Florida.
    Unfortunately, this statement is not true (unless you're talking about being willfully neglegent with a firearm and nearly killing someone, without incurring any legal repercussion. Perhaps that only happens in FL). There are idiots like this everywhere.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Not to promote irresponsible behavior... Terrible. The thing that makes this so funny is a friend & his wife are going hog hunting in Fl next week. Of course, she is going to be the hunter. LOL Watch out buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepfreak View Post
    Not to promote irresponsible behavior... Terrible. The thing that makes this so funny is a friend & his wife are going hog hunting in Fl next week. Of course, she is going to be the hunter. LOL Watch out buddy!
    Pay backs are a bit*h...!!! And to think, that guy probably owns more than one gun....

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Unfortunately, this statement is not true (unless you're talking about being willfully neglegent with a firearm and nearly killing someone, without incurring any legal repercussion. Perhaps that only happens in FL). There are idiots like this everywhere.
    On a more serious side note, I totally agree. This is definitely one case for the wearing of hunter orange. (Which no one I know in FL wears.) As far as legal ramifications, it's true, you can get away with a lot on Florida; this isn't the first hunting accident there and won't be the last. (Although, they have the same requirements for hunter ed training as AK does, but I think a lot of it has to do with population density. There is a hunter in every tree on public land down there, IF you can even get drawn, and even on expensive hunt lease properties, you're never far from another hunter's stand.)

Some of the comments afterward really cracked me up! Although in reality it's no laughing matter, the guy ignored one of the major rules of gun safety which is be sure of your target and beyond.

Can you imagine how the guy feels? I know I'd want to die of embarrassment. Hopefully she wasn't hit in the bones and it was a pass-through that will leave a scar. AND hope she has a good sense of humor about the whole thing, or otherwise this fellow's life is over.

I knew a gal who was at an outdoor party in Anch. She was snoozing in the back of a Mustang when a couple of idiots got in a fight, and as one idiot retrieved his .44 from under the front seat, managed to snag the hammer so it fired, right through her hip. Went in her back just above hipbone, passed just under it and exited lower belly just above beltline. She woke up because of all the yelling. Then she felt something warm on her legs and when she blurted, "oh hell, I've BEEN HIT!" Everyone there freaked out. She had to calm the owner of the Mustang down enough to drive her to the hospital. She was kind of fatalistic about the whole thing. Told was glad it didn't enter just a little higher or she'd been on a crutch for the rest of her life. Last I know she was working for City of Anchorage.

Bad things happen.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...