Thread: Removing boat from trailer

Default Removing boat from trailer

Anyone in the valley have experience in removing a larger boat from it's trailer? I have a 26' sport sedan that needs a complete trailer overhaul. It would be much easier to do it with the boat off. Will any of the marinas out there remove it and store it until the trailer gets rebuilt? I will be happy to pay for the removal/storage so i don't have to crawl under the boat.

Got any buddies you can talk into taking the boat out for a few days of camping/fun?

Big Lake

If the boat floats park it at burkeshore marina about 150 a month.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Done it, and it's done all the time caution & lots of cribbing. I did it by getting boat a little off the trailer. Used heavy stabble cribbing to block up the transom. Moved the trailer forward added more cribbing in 2 foot. Make sure no point of cribbing is directly on hull adding presussure to only one spot. 4 cribbing and I let air out of the trailer and pulled out. Almost reverse putting it back on. If your not comfortable doing, got to Burkshore.