Thread: getting the boats ready for summer

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default getting the boats ready for summer

For the Fishy Fishy the poles are now 10 feet long, we went out and tried then (in calm water) the seemed fine but pulling them in was tougher, my son couldnt pull em in! so we put a mast up on the overhead to hold pullys and help brace the longer poles, easier said than done!! turn buckles, spectra stays, shackles, the overhead looks like a spider web!! next time I have a bright idea the wife is to stop me! I should have left the poles as is! We also cut a hole in the Fishy Fishy for a 1kw ducer, that was easy but we found water in the hull and had to marine tex the hole to stop the water in the foam from hindering the 4200 from adhereing to the ducer and hull.

The Refuge Rock is in a warehouse with its volvo D4 pulled, we are changing the spring plate and intermediate bearing. Hopefully the updated bell housing will keep the back end from goin out! Spring plates are on back order till indefinate! We removed the fuel tanks, hotsyed the voids for tanks and engine and plan to pain the interior of the cabin.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Yup, in the midst of a page long "gripe list" of things to do/fix/change. Changed oil/filters/fuel filters, cleaned all electrical connections, working on a new anchor pulpit and maybe a new anchor locker (if I can get Gary at Greatland Welding to return my email!). Changed bearing oil on trailer, still need to look at trailer light grounding problem. Will change plugs this afternoon, gear lube, and test run the engines and kicker. After wash/polish, hope to hit Whittier this weekend just in time for bad weather!

SH

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Hotel View Post
    Yup, in the midst of a page long "gripe list" of things to do/fix/change. Changed oil/filters/fuel filters, cleaned all electrical connections, working on a new anchor pulpit and maybe a new anchor locker (if I can get Gary at Greatland Welding to return my email!). Changed bearing oil on trailer, still need to look at trailer light grounding problem. Will change plugs this afternoon, gear lube, and test run the engines and kicker. After wash/polish, hope to hit Whittier this weekend just in time for bad weather!

SH
    Your naming off items, I don't want to do but should! The seaport is still sitting on trailer with engine out! Volvo spring plates for my D4 are back ordered indefinite!

DrillEd another hole in the boat yesterday, teemperest hatch in fish hole cover. That way you can just lean over from your deck chair to open the hole. Verses getting up and sliding chairs around to open the fish hole cover.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com