Thread: Burning gas at Knik

Default Burning gas at Knik

Two of us dropped in the Knik yestrday for a run up towards the glacier. A bit of a headwind but a beautiful day with bright blue skies. Ended up losing the channel 1/2 way up then we ran out of water. Had snacks and cruised back down.
    Awesome day, summer is officially here now that we splashed a boat!
    BK

P1020493.jpgP1020483.jpg

right on man the kids look cozy
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

I thought your boat didn't need water......We can try it again in a couple of weeks, should have mine by then. Crossed the Knik today, lower part looks good, must be still crammed up on the upper. Bud
    Wasilla

I discovered she will slide like crazy on snow/ice. At idle the boat would not sit still on the snow pack, she wanted to slowly creep ahead.
    Look forward to running up there again Bud with your new ride.
    BK

if it is still full of ice upriver, i bet it is very bumpy and lots of pressure ridges, i'd be asking skip for a air suspension system on the cab but it is already way over budget. i know last year on your maden voyage, the ice got a lot thicker up river a ways. if you go upstream and stay to the right, there is a pretty nice little creek coming down a gorge off the hillside and it created a number of leads branching off on it on the knik that are very clear, don't know the name but it is easy to find, i'm thinking might be some good silvers in there later in the summer, i think kings are off limits there. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Two of us dropped in the Knik yestrday for a run up towards the glacier. A bit of a headwind but a beautiful day with bright blue skies. Ended up losing the channel 1/2 way up then we ran out of water. Had snacks and cruised back down.
    Awesome day, summer is officially here now that we splashed a boat!
    BK

P1020493.jpgP1020483.jpg

With an airboat, plane, snow machine, and argo I should be able to get away from alot of the crowds eih BK? Now all I need is the airboat, plane and snow machine...LOL...and time! Oh yeah and lots of $$$$!

I got the boat end covered, river or ocean. You get the skies and we got some hunting to do!!
    Can't wait till you get up here.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    I got the boat end covered, river or ocean. You get the skies and we got some hunting to do!!
    Can't wait till you get up here.
    BK
    Right on brother! It's killing me to have to wait until Dec! We are really looking forward to it.